Registration for Mayhem in the Mountains is officially open!

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Registration for Mayhem in the Mountains is officially open!

Postby thorhak » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 am

I was going to wait til the Ides of March to open Registration, fitting for an Event called Mayhem, right? But had a rare free day, and jumped on the opportunity. Actually got a ton of stuff done, mostly revising the MitM section of this website to reflect the new Warband era, (which by the way, since the inception of adeptusmilehigh.com 3 yrs. ago, I've revised or edited the MitM section 78 times! Yikes!)

Basic Details:

When: September 15th and 16th, 2012

Where: Collectormania in Parker, Colorado

What: This is an Independent Grand Tournament featuring LOTR SBG exclusively. The Event will consist of 5 games or Rounds held over the course of 2 days. Your Entry Fee allows you to submit one entry into each of the 3 categories of the Durin's Axe Painting Competition, which is independent of the Tournament itself. Event Schwag will include a commerative T-shirt and a custom-designed Priority Token, (this year featuring Rohan and the White Hand). Lunch will be provided on both days.

Entry fee: $50.

For more information regarding MitM III, including Registration go here

Ok, enough jabber, here's the list of Players attending MitM III:

1) Jonathan J., Denver, CO. Galadhrim Registered/ Payment Pending
2) Frank B., Orlando, FLA. ??? Registered/ PAID
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Re: Registration for Mayhem in the Mountains is officially o

Postby thorhak » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Woo Hoo! Always good to have the Defending Champion returning to Defend his Crown!

Thanks, Frank!!!
thorhak

Postby thorhak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Just some "eye candy" for you LOTR nerds! :twisted:

These are the proofs for the Priority Markers the will be included in the MitM III schwag-bag. We're kinda doing a Collector Series of coins, this year obviously featuring Rohan and Isengard. Last year we featured Gondor and Mordor, and who knows what classic enemies will be featured in future years. Anyway, yes, I'm being transparent, trying to stir-up interest/participation for Mayhem in the Mountains this September.

Hope to see you there!

thorhak

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:29 am

cool tokens!
BostonNazgul

Postby thorhak » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:28 pm

BostonNazgul wrote:cool tokens!

Thanks, Jeremy!

Have the finances improved to the point where traveling is a consideration this year?

We'd love to see you in Denver for some Mayhem!
thorhak

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 pm

unfortunately I wont be able to make it, they decided to avoid my raise discussion until my official yearly review, could be the year after though; I vote closer to ski season to combine epicness! or maybe a pats-broncos game.
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 pm

I just saw that real life has intervened for our buddy Keith and he's had to cancel Mayhem in the Mountains this year as well. It's not for lack of support but its sad to see another LOTR fall this year.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Geez, That really sucks. So is B3 the only one left?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby thorhak » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Yep. Things have been really hectic. The Hospitalist Company that I work for pulled-out of the hospital I work out. I tried to sign-on with another Hospitalist Company at the same hospital, but my old company blocked it, citing the "No Compete" clause in my contract. I argued that how could I be "competing" against them if they were no longer running a program at the hospital, and they countered that it may affect their practice/business at other nearby hospitals - (the No Compete clause has a 20 mile radius). It's a load of crap, and I hired a lawyer, but it was dragging-on. I got an offer that I simply couldn't refuse, but it takes me out of Denver (to Grand Junction) for the next two years.

I spoke w/ other members of our gaming group here in Denver, and none were inclined to take over the MitM III reins citing work constraints primarily, so I had to cancel MitM for this year, possibly next year as well. I should have posted this earlier, but like I said things have been hectic around here.

Just to be clear, MitM III has been canceled for this year.

MitM III priority markers are for still for sale, please respond here if you're interested in one. Perhaps Brent can collect the money from any of the Chicago crew that voice interest, and then I can mail the markers to him for distribution. This would help defer shipping fees.

Thanks guys!

Keith
thorhak

Postby Gartl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 am

Keith I am really sorry that you had to cancel MitM. That sucks, but on the bright side you have another job!

can I ask how much the coins cost and how many you ordered? I am considering getting them for my stores tournaments.

Thanks and best of luck,
Gary
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Return to Lord of the Rings News