Help with BBB scenarios...

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: Help with BBB scenarios...

Postby Smeagol » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am

Second to the last sentence in the Objectives section. I can see Major victories becoming a rare thing, unless you count tabling your opponent as a major victory. Draws are almost unheard of anymore which is not a bad thing. I have not yet played Domination but the others have all been challenging games. Interest in LOTR is still low in our area, but I still have Steve and occasionally Gary as opponents.

Unlike LOME I haven't found a force I don't like playing. My Easterlings were always a second stringer force and my Khandish Mercs retired, but they work well in the new warband era. I had misgivings about dwarves, but my second foray with them gave me some hope (my first foray was before I actually had the new rules). Gondor has done well and that's a force I would rarely play because they were so bland and uninspiring. Heck even Rohan looks dangerous enough.

The scenarios are adequate and varied enough to provide a challenge, but they may cause too many minor victories which effectively gives the T.O.s the same headache they've had with draws.
Smeagol

Postby Jobu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Maybe the TO's need to abandon the Major, minor, draw etc format and just go with win, lose, draw with bonus points added for minor/secondary objectives ( like at the last GT's ) as well as theme, paint, sportsmanship etc.. That should allow for enough spread to determine an overall winner.
Jobu

Postby griffen127 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm

can someone explain how 4x6 are important for strat??
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby Smeagol » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 pm

griffen127 wrote:can someone explain how 4x6 are important for strat??

Other than giving cavalry the ability to maneuver before engaging if they owning player chooses not much. Typical deployment distances give players the ability to engage in frontal assaults in the first couple of turns. I haven't played more than a few games so far on the 6x4 tables with the warband rule changes.
Smeagol

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News