Gathering Updates?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Gathering Updates?

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 am

I was really hoing we could some updates on the tournament. Any posts would be appreciated by us not able to travel.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Re: Gathering Updates?

Postby BrentS » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:17 am

Sorry guys, busy day today. Headed to bed now but I had topmost something.

The Good v Evil format is a lot of fun but it makes it very difficult to see who is "leading" the event.

As best as I can tell the top battle points for evil armies are:
Chris L
Kyle T
John L

And the top battle points for Good armies are:
Anthony P
Brent S
???

Personally, I have two minor victories and a draw. I've played Mike W (basically tabled him on artifact), Kyle (I got out killed 10:1 in models but the game ended on the first turn after breaking and I managed to squeak out the objectives), and a Draw against Chris L (emissary game. I killed Chris's emissary but mine was no where near getting across the board.

Jeremy and Chris T are in the middle of the pack (evil)

Its been a lot of fun so far and am looking forward to tomorrow.
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm

I was a draw in 1 and 3, minor win in 2 on day one. Day two saw a major win for game 4 and resigned from game 5. Overall it was a fun tournament. I think the scenario for 4, find the hidden treasure needs tweaked as too many matched finished fast due to luck of the random placement. Also the emissary mission probably would be better if bonus was possible for killing the opponents emissary if yours was still alive. Just an idea to help break up the draws in that mission as well.

Thanks again goes to Tim K for setting up the event and taking all the personal time and effort in the coordination. Thanks to Shannon K for her loyal support of Tim's hobby and event and helping out over the weekend.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby BrentS » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Here's the final awards.

Best Overall: Chris L
Best Good General: Anthony P
Best Evil General: Kyle T
Best Appearance: Chris T
Best Sports: Brent S

Thanks go out to Tim, Shannon, Mike, Rob, and Jerry for all their hard work running a fun event.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Wow Look the Chitown crew represented very well.

Congrats to the winners-- Chris L best overall very cool how was that brokedown? Did that mean you had the most points including the good armies? Curious what was Anthony's good army? Kyle back in the winners circle again. Chris T best appearance kudos to you. Brent S sportsmanship congrats--- Have you won something in every catagory-- sports paint and generalship?

I hope to read some battle reports.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby ChrisLS » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:42 am

Not totally sure - I think it came out that I had the highest combined points of anyone, and #2 Evil got Best Evil, while the #1 Good got Best Good.

Thank you so much, Tim, Shannon, and crew, for all of the hard work you guys did on this event! I really can't express how wonderful it is to know you guys are keeping this community going, despite all the crud that GW dishes out. You guys are inspirations for me. :D
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Return to Lord of the Rings News