New Sourcebooks Discussion Thread

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: New Sourcebooks Discussion Thread

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Waitaminute, I thought that when you used a Drum to increase orc movement you couldn't charge that turn.
Lordgoober

Postby Smeagol » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 pm

That is correct. Refer to page 28 of the Mordor book. Page 27 for the Blackguard drummer.
Smeagol

Postby Siegrend » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:11 pm

No...no, I didn't mean they were charging, you're abasolutely right on that. I only meant that Uruk Hai running (11" under that set-up) actually moving faster than horses running (10") does not make any sense. Assuming you're not running Elven Knights or Riders of Eorl (both move 12"), the idea that on horseback you couldn't distance yourself from anything on foot is a little ridiculous...that's really all I meant. Not a rules gripe. :D
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Postby Smeagol » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Given the scenario deployment rules I don't see that as a big problem. Most games will start with models in charge range for hobbits if you set it up right.
Smeagol

Postby Siegrend » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Hmmm...that's an interesting obeservation. I've been concentrating so much on warbands and profile changes that I've only skimmed the scenarios. I"ll have to go back and read those carefully to see how they too will change my strategies. Thanks for the heads up.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Postby BrentS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Smeagol wrote:Given the scenario deployment rules I don't see that as a big problem. Most games will start with models in charge range for hobbits if you set it up right.

I think this is an interesting point. We'll have to see how these new VP style scenarios fit into the games we play. I'm starting to think about BBB and how to integrate these style games.
BrentS

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:13 am

No to be gripping to the old ways, but I feel that VP style could get super boring unless each scenario has different VPs, the book scenarios are all the same VPs pretty much. But we will see once play testing is done
BostonNazgul

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 pm

two things caught my eye recently that I did not see previously mentioned.

1. With the edits to the cave drake, they reworded his tail lash rule that to what their original intent was it seems. No more, purposely trapping him and then exploiting wounds before the attackers can role.

2. Dunland warriors S4! all we need is some cool elites or something and I can keep tearing into rohan!
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Rohan cares little for strength four opponents. They are predominately defense five. The dunlendings are horse killers of course, but unlike Rohan they don't have an option for FV four unless they add in uruks. Something they already could do.
Smeagol

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

it was more a figurative jab at brent
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I've got eighty some odd dunlending models. So I already went through that section pretty carefully.
Smeagol

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News