February Release - Models/Profiles

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

February Release - Models/Profiles

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:20 am

Starting a new thread to try and break up the discussion topics...
User avatar
BrentS
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am

Saw this tidbit on the GW What's new Blog:

GW What's New Today Blog wrote:So what can [the Dweller in the Dark] do? Well firstly, they are incredibly potent in combat. With a Fight value of 7 they are better at fighting than most enemy heroes... these dark creatures have a high defence and plenty of Wounds to survive the encounter. They also have the intensely irritating (for your opponent) ability to regain lost Wounds when they cause damage, making them a very durable and extremely nasty addition to a Moria army.


All this for the price less than a Cave Troll (if the sample Moria army is to be believed)
User avatar
BrentS
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Postby tjski » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 am

BrentS wrote:Saw this tidbit on the GW What's new Blog:

GW What's New Today Blog wrote:So what can [the Dweller in the Dark] do? Well firstly, they are incredibly potent in combat. With a Fight value of 7 they are better at fighting than most enemy heroes... these dark creatures have a high defence and plenty of Wounds to survive the encounter. They also have the intensely irritating (for your opponent) ability to regain lost Wounds when they cause damage, making them a very durable and extremely nasty addition to a Moria army.


All this for the price less than a Cave Troll (if the sample Moria army is to be believed)


Oh Boy, let the Stat creep and power gaming begin!

Tim K
User avatar
tjski
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Phoenix AZ

Postby JLeong » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm

I thought that they would have to have low defense, like Gulhavar. This article says that they have high defense, however.... I'm a little worried about this one haha.

Let's hope their sense of "high" is 5 instead of 4. Not something like 7.

This should NOT cost less than a cave troll, at least from what we have seen so far.

I guess we'll have to wait and see
User avatar
JLeong
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: North Barrington, IL and Valparaiso, IN

Postby Jobu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

It would seem that they only have one attack, since no where does the author mention multiple attacks. This would make sense for it's points cost. it can not be supported(unless by a troll with spear) so it may not be that bad.
Jobu
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Richmond, Va

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Jobu wrote:It would seem that they only have one attack, since no where does the author mention multiple attacks. This would make sense for it's points cost. it can not be supported(unless by a troll with spear) so it may not be that bad.


I actually think the pictures make it look like the base is bigger than a Cave Troll (40mm base) so I'm not sure it could have any spear support.
User avatar
BrentS
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Postby griffen127 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:23 pm

its only a couple days till the books, we could just wait till we see the stats and then go crazy
griffen127
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Postby VeteranNoob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Regardless of how broken, cheesy, or cheap it is, I love the model itself. Probably get one at some point just for that reason.
VeteranNoob
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Peoria, AZ

Postby Jobu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 pm

griffen127 wrote:its only a couple days till the books, we could just wait till we see the stats and then go crazy


NEVER. I must speculate, hypothesize and criticize!!!
:)
Jobu
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Richmond, Va

Postby JLeong » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Jobu is right. This is our job :lol:

Afterall, why would we not want to create a feverish hype, leading to every fan plugged into the community go wild trying to get their hands on the books? You are most welcome, GW haha.

Anyway, yes, I will definitely be getting my hands on this model. It is a great sculpt!
User avatar
JLeong
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: North Barrington, IL and Valparaiso, IN

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Rumorer mongering from TLA:


Isilduin wrote:From a very reliable source (he's seen the books), I can confirm that the dweller will be OP, SQ has been nerfed, Cave Drake, Easterlings and Variags have been buffed and some esoteric characters, such as Gandalf on Cart and Bill the Pony, could be viable.

Some food for thought there.
User avatar
BrentS
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Postby griffen127 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I heard from the one ring site that Rings wraiths can take a group of up to 16 figs
griffen127
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:40 pm


Return to Lord of the Rings News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron