New releases and Adepticon Poll

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Should we stick with the current Adepticon Rules (i.e. Legions) for 2012?

Yes. I already have a plan and don't want to mess it up
14%
Yes. I don't mind changing but I'd rather wait until we've had more time with the new books
43%
No. We should use the new books as long as there are no major changes
19%
No. We should use the new books regardless of how different they are
24%

Total votes : 21

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm

well, we'll have our first major testing of it next week and then on the 11th. I'll have pretty much everything I have outside of my mumak available.
Lordgoober

Postby prion2001 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Lordgoober wrote:well, we'll have our first major testing of it next week and then on the 11th. I'll have pretty much everything I have outside of my mumak available.

I'm thinking we should test 600 point singles and maybe even 700 point team forces with these lists and scenarios. Might be a good way of seeing how things might work at Adepticon, either now or next year.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby griffen127 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Jamie, I really do believe that this is a mistake to change it for this year. i can give you a very long list why, and others can to. I would be happy to talk about this on the LOTR day we have. I do not mean to tell you how to run your tourney but I believe that it would be a very bad idea. i would like to play with these new rules but just not a ACON.
griffen127

Postby Smeagol » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 pm

griffen127 wrote:Jamie, I really do believe that this is a mistake to change it for this year. i can give you a very long list why, and others can to. I would be happy to talk about this on the LOTR day we have. I do not mean to tell you how to run your tourney but I believe that it would be a very bad idea. i would like to play with these new rules but just not a ACON.

I have agree with him. There are point changes in the lists that will screw with players as much or more than the warband changes themselves. I like what I've seen so far, but I wouldn't suggest risking LOTR bombing at Adepticon. Keep with what people signed up for and discuss how the new rules will effect the format for next year.
Smeagol

Postby prion2001 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Still wish I had a look at the changes but since some have, for those attending Adepticon, would you rather use the new lists? How many people have actually finished their Adepticon army and would have impossible changes to make in 2.5 months? How many just think it will the current competitive lists?
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
prion2001

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Either way we should be ready just in case for people to bring armies based on the new warbands rules. We had some guys last year bring new O+G even though it was announced that old O+G was what was in effect because the book came out too close. Not everyone playing at adepticon is on these forums.
Lordgoober

Postby BrentS » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Either way we should be ready just in case for people to bring armies based on the new warbands rules. We had some guys last year bring new O+G even though it was announced that old O+G was what was in effect because the book came out too close. Not everyone playing at adepticon is on these forums.

The difference is that the LOTR crowd is much smaller and Jamie coukd easily email the whole field and let them know what Adepicons position is (once that gets decided).
BrentS

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 am

ti calmi, ti calmi,

due giorni fino libri!
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 am

I don't wanna wait.
Smeagol

Postby febber » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Either way we should be ready just in case for people to bring armies based on the new warbands rules. We had some guys last year bring new O+G even though it was announced that old O+G was what was in effect because the book came out too close. Not everyone playing at adepticon is on these forums.

As I understand them however, the new warbands rules are entirely consistent with Legions. People could bring the new lists if they want. The issue is requiring everyone to use them. That's the decision that must be made.
All-time LOTR Grand/National Tournament Record: 92-18-45 (W-L-D), 63 major victories
21 awards in 35 events inc. 5x Best Overall; 2x 2nd Overall (w/o Best General); 9x Best General
2007 National Circuit Champion
2008 National Circuit Champion
febber

Postby prion2001 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:30 pm

[quote="febber]As I understand them however, the new warbands rules are entirely consistent with Legions. People could bring the new lists if they want. The issue is requiring everyone to use them. That's the decision that must be made.[/quote]
But it does sound like there will be some point changes (maybe) and cetainly some upgrade abilities in the new lists and I wonder what happens when you face an old list of against a new list? I like the idea of allowing both as it gives everyone the choice without forcing any one book but I guess I have to see the books and talk with registered players.

Jamie
prion2001

Re: New releases and Adepticon Poll

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Official Army building decision will be up by tomorrow, it will pretty much be like a Brett Favre press conference
BostonNazgul

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News