LotR games at the Bunker (2/11)

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: LotR games at the Bunker (2/11)

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I'll probably be there tomorrow too.
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby griffen127 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:28 pm

So there turned out to be several guys at the bunker. It was a good time a few games had by all. its strange and sad that there was like no evil there. I guessed that I would have seen several of them. But it was fun even though GW didn't have the new books in stock for everyone.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Would it help if I cackled?

I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to all.
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Yakthor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 pm

I'll get off my butt and get there early enough to play next time. As all I play are Easterlings, Moria/Angmar, and Mordor the forces of Sauron will take the field.

Until then we are happy to pit the so-called 'forces of Good' against each other, weakening them for our eventual final triumph!

(Pay no attention the ramblings of hobbits pretending to our Lord Sauron's demise and the destruction of the One Ring... unfounded propaganda I say)!
Yakthor

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

glad it wasnt ruined by the evil armies of doom showing up lol. more days like these at the bunker are always a good thing. bugging the bunker any time we can about lotr is not a bad thing
BostonNazgul

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:41 pm

It was a good time we had 10 or 11 people show up and 4 to 5 tables going. By my count there were 3 evil armies. I liked the new scenorio twists. They worked really well, but different. I won reconoitre and didn't get a model of the board, he got one. I thought I lost until we did victory points.

First game was against Nat (spectar ghost) and his easterlings. Great game and Nat is a great addition to the LOTR crowd. I hacve seen his posts here, and welcome him to LOTR. His pike line chewed up some rangers in the middle, while my rangers took out his Kataphracts on my right flank (except the one that got away). The only reason I got the win was because I killed Amdur.

Second game was against John H and his Shagrat and Shelob led spiders and orcs, not mention an orc Balista, This time the scoring went against me. I killed the majority of his army, but not the leader, and it ended in a draw. John and I have played a few times and again this was a great game. Awesome painted models and spiders converted to scenic bases looked really cool.

I hope maybe we can plan these LOTR invasions of the bunker like once a month. I really think it would be alot of fun.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Monty » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:24 pm

I had a great time. Great games, and always great to see everyone and talk about the new rules. While I hang my head in defeat, I must say that both games I played with the new rules were a lot of fun, and unfolded differently with the deployment and victory points than games I've played recently.
Monty

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News