Internet Rumors about a new Skirmish rule set in FEB

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 am

Well until we see the new force rules, it is obviously conjecture based just off the WD articles.
Smeagol

Postby knight of Gondor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 am

on an interesting note my books are calimed to have been shiped today so I might have them as early as friday. Eventhough they werent supposed to ship until friday.
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Postby BostonNazgul » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:00 am

How do you handle Aragorn and Malbeth combos? And other such nonsense that LOME restricts.

Lome also allows you to ally dwarfs + grey company + outriders or outriders + gamling + dwarves. etc etc

lome is by far not an angel of perfection; i do not think people will all of a sudden catch a case of the crazies with a good/evil ally rule
BostonNazgul

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 am

are you having the books shipped to a store or home? If to a gw store you're stuck waiting until Saturday. I'll be heading to Games Plus myself on Thursday after I get done with a phone job interview to do some work on my WAB Romans and if the books come in I'll be grabbing the Mordor and Free Peoples books (preordered Men and Fallen Realms to be delivered to the Bunker) early if they show.
Lordgoober

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 am

I got a shipping notice yesterday that said my books would be delivered today. Sadly, I did order for the store so I can pick them up until Saturday.

I do suspect that starting as early as today, and probably tomorrow the Internet will start to fill with people that have received copies of these books early and we will start to see some additional glances into the rules.
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 am

I know I was told by my LGS I could pick up on Friday. Maybe I should give Darren a call to see if they maybe arrived a few days earlier. ;)
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 am

BrentS wrote:I got a shipping notice yesterday that said my books would be delivered today. Sadly, I did order for the store so I can pick them up until Saturday.

I see that my order is in fact out for delivery... wish I could find a way to re-route the fedex truck to my house instead of Redtop Plaza.
BrentS

Postby Slave_To_Ungoliant » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 pm

There's a Watcher In The Water model, I'm blind to pretty much everything beyond that!
Slave_To_Ungoliant

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Slave_To_Ungoliant wrote:There's a Watcher In The Water model, I'm blind to pretty much everything beyond that!

That's just painter talk. :P
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm

BrentS wrote:
BrentS wrote:I got a shipping notice yesterday that said my books would be delivered today. Sadly, I did order for the store so I can pick them up until Saturday.

I see that my order is in fact out for delivery... wish I could find a way to re-route the fedex truck to my house instead of Redtop Plaza.

Delivered... sigh... 3 more days to wait. Its really a shame since its already paid for and its sitting right there.
BrentS

Postby Jobu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Makes me wonder if mine will be at the FLGS thursday for our clubs game night.
Jobu

Postby prion2001 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Slave_To_Ungoliant wrote:There's a Watcher In The Water model, I'm blind to pretty much everything beyond that!

LOL. You like the creepy crawlees, don't you?
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BrentS » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Harry at the Warseer (one of the original rumor sources for those keeping store says:

Harry @WarSeer wrote:You haven't seen the half of it. Loads to come before the Hobbit.
BrentS

Postby ChrisLS » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Sweet! Starting to make up for the three-year drought...
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Postby BrentS » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 pm

ChrisLS wrote:Sweet! Starting to make up for the three-year drought...

Technically only about 15 months since the Gundabad/Cave Drake release... but yea 3 years for SBG!!
BrentS

PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings News