Three Hunters Models Poll

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Which Three Hunter Model should I paint tonight?

Aragorn
21%
Gimli
57%
Legolas
21%

Total votes : 14

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:03 pm

BostonNazgul wrote:btw, what kinda camera/techniques are you guys using for photo shooting? whenever i do it, (high end camera) it always comes out blurry when i am doing a close up....
My wife has a very good camera that does close up shots via a built in Macro/Zoom. With my older camera I bought a Macro lens which seriously improved the shots at close range.

So if your camera is having problems with focusing at really close range you might want to consider purchasing a Macro lens of some sort.
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby BrentS » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 pm

BostonNazgul wrote:btw, what kinda camera/techniques are you guys using for photo shooting? whenever i do it, (high end camera) it always comes out blurry when i am doing a close up....

You need to use your camera's Macro setting (might look like a little flower icon). The macro setting allows you to focus on something as close as 1cm from the lens. That plus a small tripod and good lighting are all keys to good photos.
BrentS

Postby knitemare » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Yep, my camera is a pretty standard digital camera. I turn off the flash, turn on the macro setting (normally it's a little flower symbol) and sometimes use my Radio Shack $5 Triton mini-tripod.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm

That "flower" is called an iris. ;)
The Mouth of Sauron

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News