Old Glory

In the grim darkness of the past?

Old Glory

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Anyone on this board here got an active Old Glory membership? I'm interested in picking up a pack or two of their WW2 US tanks but not enough to make me want to get a full membership myself.
Lordgoober

Re: Old Glory

Postby slartibartfast » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 am

Hey Rob, just wanted to let you know this. Looks like Battlefront is reading the book" How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot as a Game Company", written, published, and practiced currently by GW. I know you enjoy tourneys and seeing how Adeticon is one of the biggies for FOW.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... rt_id=3379

Happy Hunting.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah. I saw that. If I play that tournament then I'll be going with a Rifle Company since all those models are BF.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Ok just wanted you to know. I hope this does not wind up wounding Battlefront in the long run.

While I have not played FOW in years I always respected those guys because they were realistic. They had always said we know there is a lot of mini compinies out there, we just want you guys to have fun with out game. Dont know when that changed but has turned me off them.

Im waiting for Battlegroup Kursk to hit. A reworking of Warwiks Kampgruppe Normandy rules, by Warwick. Those will be my Pltn/Co level game of choice.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Nostromo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Who will be publishing Warwick's new WW2 game? First Warhammer Historical game to be allowed to leave?!
Nostromo

Postby slartibartfast » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Well it is being published by Plastic Soldier Company. Taking pre-orders now. Not really being allowed to leave. Warwick is rewritting Kampfgruppe Normandy into Battlegroup Kursk. It reworks the rules enough to prevent any GW blowback. Cleans up mechanics, working in errata and thoughts from KGN.

Its going to be tough to choose between BGK and Bolt Actions new game. Similar scale and size, big names on each. I have both on preorder and cant wait to see them both and sort out which one I like better.

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/i ... cts_id=292
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I might grab battlegroup kursk at some point.
Lordgoober

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles