Quick and dirty Perry War of the Roses WIP

In the grim darkness of the past?

Quick and dirty Perry War of the Roses WIP

Postby Matt-J2 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

A potential for me to take to the Lacrosse tourny. I'm just a few models shy of having everything I need for the 1500pts, and that's only because I want some men-at-arms, otherwise I'd be set. Now...on the one hand, I wish I was spending more time on these. On the other, they really do look just peachy from TT distance. Also, these had several different shades of red and blue applied until I found the right ones so I can likely keep the rest just a bit smoother. Still have a few things to go, the toughest of which is the badges each(or at least many) should have in addition to their lords colors. These happen to be retinue of Edward the IV, and I'm doing them all from Towton so there will be snow bases as well as a few other bits of Heraldry for the other nobles. Note on these models: faces are nice, but many don't have much for eayes and not a lot of room to get them in there yourself. I'm certainly out of practice with eyes though, holy cow. I just covered them all back up with fleshtone.

Matt-J2

Postby Thogrid » Sat May 28, 2011 6:24 am

These look pretty darn good Matt...nicely done.
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Matt-J2 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Merle, they're fun to paint. I've also got a successor pikeman nearly done. Goes a heck of a lot faster than the WotR figs! Running a test game today to see if I'll enjoy playing the WotR stuff out of period enough to take them to Lacrosse. With the way AoC lists are priced and the way this particular list works I'm not sure if I'll have as much fun as I would if there were more of the same type lists.
Matt-J2

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles