WAB at the Waaagh Paca!

In the grim darkness of the past?

WAB at the Waaagh Paca!

Postby mikebutcher » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Been talking with Ryan, we are looking to arrange some a WAB event of some kind for the Friday Night. Jan 27 2012. Not sure if a tourney, a bring and battle, or some kind team/sides event would be best. An "organized" Bring an Battle with prizes (painting, raffle...), etc. might be the bee's knees. Looking for a late AM or early afternoon start, depending on what this turns into. We would be able to use the Waagh Paca tables, etc. with a small fee for prizes, booze, (or more booze) etc.

If you are already going to the event, then this is a no-brainer.

Thinking of a theme/time period to better match armies. Either Ancients or Dark Ages would more than likely be best.

I am looking to play (not with...) myself, so I will be looking into how to manage that also.

Right now I could use an "I'm interested" ,if indeed you are, please indicate what time period you would prefer also.
mikebutcher

Postby Matt-J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm in! :D
Matt-J2

Postby Thogrid » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Where is this at Mike? Maybe I could make it?

If I can make it, I can bring Normans, Vikings/Saxons and/or Late Romans. I can also bring Hussite War Wagons...but that is a bit later period, eh? :lol:

Thanks!
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Matt-J2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 am

It's in Waupaca, WI.
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 am

I am in- if the weather allows a trip down.
Nostromo

Postby mikebutcher » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 am

Preferences?

Late morning to Late evening tournament

or

Organized Bring and Battle with:
1.Rounds and scenarios to get things going (this would also allow some folks to arrive later and still join in...) on some kind of a schedule
2. Matching opponents to period and not "the guy I just rode 3 hours with...")
3. Raffle/awards of some kind.
mikebutcher

Postby Matt-J2 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:11 am

Hard to say at this point. I'm finishing up my final semester and putting in for a boatload of jobs so I can't predict how it will work out. I'd guess late afternoon/evening is probably the safest route? Gives folks some easier drive time as well if they're coming from further out.

The Bring and Battle ideas sounds a little nicer to me as well.
Matt-J2

Postby mikebutcher » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 am

I posted this on a different forum (pointhammered) and thought it bore repeating here...

Bring and Battle would serve as an organized "pick-up" game like you might see at a weekend at a local gamestore, but without all the sitting around talking about playing but rather getting to it. I envision there being set of games that start @ X time, a set at Y time, etc. I could run a sign-up forum, etc. (with the Bear's help) and keep it organized, with in period pools of players, etc. Thus, folks with a longer drive can still participate and get in some WAB.

A 3- round tournament could work also, but we could lose some folks due to the start time needing to be earlier to fit in on Friday... I do like the idea the bring and battle to generate some WAB goodness and perhaps have some folks try it out and have some fun, for some reason a tournament just gets the blood up... But hell, if we 10+ players, why not?

I am floating out info to get an idea of what to work-on setting up.
mikebutcher

Postby Thogrid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:47 pm

The Bring and Battle might work better for me. It is still far too early for me to say for sure I can make it, but given the distance I will be driving...in January weather...this format may be better. Having said that, if the format is a tournament, I'll look to take off that Thursday from work entirely so I can drive and be there Friday am birght and early.

:D
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

WAB Waaagh! Paca update.

Postby mikebutcher » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. Survived a month of work and school that I wouldn't wish on a Bears fan. I will have some details posted up this weekend. BLUF: We will be running an organized Bring and Battle kicking off at 11 am with three 2.5 hour rounds. I will coordinate opponents , honor challenges, and generally make sh*t happen. 1500 points more details to follow. There will be a raffle prize of some sort, most likely a custom gaming aid (turn counter, objective, etc.) by yours truly. This will help judge interest for a parallel WAB Tournament for WAAAGH! Paca 2013...
mikebutcher

Postby PsychosisPC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:25 pm

I do plan to attend, and will attempt to influence the La Crosse contingent.
PsychosisPC

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles