Different Weapons and unit Leaders

In the grim darkness of the past?

Different Weapons and unit Leaders

Postby Matt-J2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 am

Given that the errata redefined Different Weapons and you can pick those models out now, what about unit leaders? If I have a leader with DHW can he now be picked out and eliminated, or is he still safe because of the inability to normally single them out?
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 am

The errata says under Different Weapons-
"Usually the owner of
the unit decides which figures to remove as casualties, but the other player may elect to make attacks against
specific figures if he wishes."

To me , Specific Figures means I could assign my attacks to anyone, so he could be picked out. What it doesn't say is how specific I have to be-
i.e. I am going to direct all my attacks against all double handed weapons in the first rank (which is reasonably something I would say with armored cav!), or do I need to pick them out individually and roll individually.

And do extra wounds carry over to player choice, or are they lost?

So Good Question- he can be picked out in my opinion- but exactly how detailed the selection and resulting carry over must be, I am unsure.
Nostromo

Postby RichN » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 am

The unit leader can't be picked out - he's the last figure removed from the unit.

If you chose to allocate attacks against one group of fighters (for example - models with 2 handed weapons) then any extra wounds are lost.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Matt-J2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:58 am

That's certainly what I was hoping for, but I just wanted to be sure I got it right, though. Thanks guys. :)
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 am

But I could split anyway I want, couldn't I-
other than the leader (with Goths and Saxons as exceptions, because if I have a combined unit, all the Warrior Elite (Goths) or Huscarls (Saxons) die first, even if command figures).
Nostromo

Postby RichN » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 am

Right, combined units would be handled differently. The Warrior/Huscarls are the first to go.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles