Godi... Would anyone hit me if I brought one?

In the grim darkness of the past?

Godi... Would anyone hit me if I brought one?

Postby Matt-J2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 am

I reckon a lot of folks don't like the Godi option, but as I'm bringing Guthrum and his Danes(pre-christian) I'd like to add in that pagan element. Plus, if he survives, he makes Bondi kinda spooky. I've always thought he's a bit soft himself and easy to take out if people try but I don't want to bring him if it would cause issues. I don't want to be 'that guy', you know?
If it helps any, there's only going to be 2 Berzerkers and no Ulfhednar.
Matt-J2

Postby Thogrid » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Matt....I'm probably bringing a Godi. If I don't, it won't be because he's too tough. In fact, I almost think he is too squishy for the points he costs. :shock:
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Matt-J2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

He is pretty squishy, which is why I thought it shouldn't be a problem. I've just been browsing around the net and seen the Godi mentioned a lot as something people complain about. Others who use one more often tend to mention he doesn't survive most games. Just wanted to be sure!
Matt-J2

Postby Thogrid » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Well...I wonder if a number of folks "on the net" think the Viking Godi is the same as the Barbarian Shaman...frenzy, Ld 10 (though now modifiable) etc...and the Shaman can be armoured and such. The WS4/T4 helps the Godi, but with no armor he eventually goes down unless you can "protect" him by keeping him out of HtH combat. Pretty tough to do in most situations. :roll:

However, in an effort to make up for bringing the Godi...I'm not bringing any Bezerkers or Ulfhednar. :(
Merle
KC Area
"A wise man learns form his own mistakes, but a genius learns from others!"
Thogrid

Postby Matt-J2 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:23 am

You might be right on that one.
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Its Adepticon- I think we play and tend not to complain.
I ran a Crusading Bishop last year and I don't think I had any complaints. I loved it as well- adds flavor.

That is what WAB is all about- if we all run S3 T3 guys at the same speed around the board, we are not playing WAB!

I am bringing Ostrogothic Comitatus (S4, Superior Germanic Cav, though not bringing the Kontos).....so you better bring the Godi!
Nostromo

Postby Matt-J2 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:19 pm

All right, consider it done then.
Matt-J2

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles