Gripping Beast Order anyone?

In the grim darkness of the past?

Gripping Beast Order anyone?

Postby Nostromo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I am putting together an order for Gripping Beast- once Musketeer Bill puts the Barded Gothic horses up. I figured if some more people wanted in I (we) could save some money if we reached free postage!
Nostromo

Postby BrentS » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:33 pm

I was thinking ordering a box of the plastic Vikings. Let me know if you get this up to a free shipping order.
BrentS

Postby RichN » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 am

Are you ordering from the UK or http://www.architectsofwar.com/ ? I have not talked with AoW, but I wonder if they could import Musketeer also.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Nostromo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:20 am

Architects of War will get Musketeer. And they are a great source for the plastic kits. I have some stuff on order with them and they are very friendly. With me it is a timing issue- they seem to only order on occasion, but stock the most popular Dark Age items.

The stuff I am asking for is a bit custom- so contacting GB staff works best- i.e. I would like Musketeer horses with these GB figs, and these horses without riders, etc.... but if we don't reach the 200 mark for free shipping, I will see what I can get through AoW.
Nostromo

Postby BrentS » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for the info on the AoW site. I didn't realize there some someone importing those GB plastic kits. I may end up just ordering from them.
BrentS

Postby Nostromo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Brent- they are pretty good, and their prices are only about 3% higher then direct (depending on the Pound/Dollar of the day) and then US shipping- beats the GB price of 20% S&H plus whatever fees you end up paying for currency exchange....
Nostromo

Postby Matt-J2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:40 pm

I never knew they offered free shipping anywhere. They're probably my favorite company, but the 25% shipping curbs a lot of my orders, even if it is usually the price noted on the package when it gets here. Service is wonderful, though. :) Architects of War are also good people, and slowly getting more and more of the GB ranges in stock. Priced not too bad, either.
Matt-J2

Postby BrentS » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:28 pm

I ordered some of the plastic Vikings from AoW. Thanks for the tip. Great service and I'm really pleased with the figures. :D
BrentS

Postby Nostromo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 am

You bet Brent- I really like their customer service, and if you want an item or two it can save you a lot.

Now, with going to GB direct for large orders- I did the order last week-
I checked stock with Darren at GB on Saturday- completed order on Monday morning, they shipped Tuesday, I had in my hands on Wednesday- free shipping!
Custom mixes and all-
They are an awesome company for Customer Service- and with them switching to Musketeer horses I feel one of their weaknesses will be fixed soon.

I can't wait to see some of the plastics they are doing in person- does anyone know who is sculpting them?
Nostromo

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles