Rus different Weapon Rule

In the grim darkness of the past?

Rus different Weapon Rule

Postby Nostromo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:41 am

I asked this on the WAB Forum but thought I should try for a ACon official ruling before I build these-

In the Rus list, how does the different weapon rule work- it says specifically that up to 25% can have two handed axes and must be in the front rank(s)-
so if I want to give some of the unit Dane Axes, must that be the rest of the unit, or is it like any other different weapon rule, except I am limited in my number of two handed axes?
Nostromo

Postby Matt-J2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Nit-picky, but they have the Different Equipment rule, not Different Weapons as found in the rulebook FAQ/Errata.
So I'd say you get the 25% with DHW and the rest of the unit all has to be armed the same.
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Probably right-

How is your list coming Matt? and what are the rest of the Green Bayers bringing?
Nostromo

Postby Matt-J2 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:44 am

Pretty good, I come up with more or less the same basic core to the army no matter what list I use(Okneyinga, Norway, etc), it's all just the side units that change. Just waiting on the figs to get here so I know just what I have to work with, and what I might still need.
So far looks like Carthage, Italo-Normans and my Norsemen coming down from here.
Matt-J2

Postby Nostromo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:37 am

I liked the Italio-Normans I ran last year-those Dux are hard to beat though ferocious charge is a bit less effective now- not that I have a game of 2.0 under my belt yet! I might be at Oneida for a meeting soon- maybe I will bring an army and try and find you guys...
Nostromo

Postby RichN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 am

Your official Adepticon answer.... is what Matt said.

Purchase weapons for the unit as normal, then 25% may elect to purchase the double handed axe instead of the unit weapon.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Return to Warhammer Ancients Battles