Fluff!

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

Do you think it is better to write your own fluff and build an army to support that or to try and build an army that is representative of fluff if the books?

Books only.!!! I am a Rule book and codex Thumper!
23%
Mad Scientist!!! My Army makes sense to me!!
10%
Somewhere in between.
42%
Who cares Lets roll sum dice!
26%

Total votes : 31

Postby Carrick » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Like all polls this one is phrased to give the answer the poller wishes to illicit.

I vote for the hardcore "official" fluff. Otherwise you end up with Nurgle Dark Eldar.
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Postby xNickBaranx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I am and am not a fluff nazi. If you tell me you created your own Space Marine Chapter that is exclusively Devastor squads and Predator Annihilators from the planet Devastron I'm going to think, "wow, that's pretty lame."

If you tell me your Chapter has a greater number of Librarians than other Chapters and they are constantly under Inquisitorial scrutiny, and you represent it on the battlefield by running 2 Librarians but otherwise your army is completely Codex I'll probably think its pretty cool if you've got some other details to share.

I know some people LOVE the Army of Darkness and Mars Attacks converted armies. I hate them. I'm completely humorless.

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats.

I think the best balance comes from latching onto a really cool idea in the existing fluff - something that really inspires you and expanding upon it. You really should think deep about how your army interracts with the background and if it is feasible.

As soon as I spie your Hello Kitty marines that you lovingly converted I'm going to walk in the opposite direction.
xNickBaranx

Postby Carrick » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:07 pm

xNickBaranx wrote:In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats.

What I wanted to say but better.
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Postby GregSwanson » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:42 pm

I may have to sig that.

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats.
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby xNickBaranx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:05 pm

I've been immortalized!
xNickBaranx

Previous

Return to AdeptiCon 2008