A First-Timer has some questions......

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

A First-Timer has some questions......

Postby Baron Von Rotten » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:29 pm

This was my first tourney and I had a blast. However, I am curious as to why a person's army is not listed next to their results. It would be nice to be able to identify a previous opponent, with a particular army, etc. I am also curious to know what armies were represented the most often, and if a certain army was dominate.

I was also under the impression that Good would fight Evil (at least for the first round). And, I played 3 outta 10 games, against the same army that I was fielding. And wasn't the only one! I thought that was strange....

Is this the standard operating procedure?
Like a moth to the flame, I am drawn to the battlefield......
Baron Von Rotten

Postby RichN » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:50 pm

Baron - you did not specify which game systems you were playing, but most of the major tournaments were run using a software system developed for Adepticon. If you supply a club affiliation, then the software will attempt to not place you with a club mate. After the first round, it is a pure swiss seating. I can't remember if Army data is captured - given the volume of players, I would think army type would not be taken at registration.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby Celthulhu » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:34 pm

As far as the "fluff" goes, you can always rationalize why Space Marines would be fighting other Space Marines, or why Tyranids would be fighting other Tyranids, etc.
What I've learned from reading the books and codices is that no army is entirely Good. Motives may be good, but methods... not so much.
Celthulhu

Return to AdeptiCon 2008