A well deserved THANK YOU !

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

A well deserved THANK YOU !

Postby Zero_Cool » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 am

Plain and simple - THANK YOU to all the event organizers, volunteers, guest speakers and players who made Adepticon 2008 the best yet. I, and many others I am sure, truely appreciate the time you donated to keep Adepticon the premier event that it is. I've been to several Adepticons in the past and they keep getting better and better.

I am looking forward to next year with great anticipation.
Last edited by Zero_Cool on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero_Cool

Postby Redbeard » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 am

Likewise. Yet another good year of gaming :)
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Drunken Mick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 am

I thought it went very well and my goodness it was HUGE. LOTR had an excellent showing this year with 20 teams (that's a lot for us).
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby knitemare » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:28 am

I had a great time and I agree, thanks to all of the event organizers.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby Ed » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:58 am

Yeah, it was a great time. :)

So, fess up...who else ate at the hotel cafe? I chalked up $16 for a coffee and egg Mcmuffin.

Ed
2T1C
Ed

Postby Angelos » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 am

Ed wrote:Yeah, it was a great time. :)

So, fess up...who else ate at the hotel cafe? I chalked up $16 for a coffee and egg Mcmuffin.

Ed
2T1C

That's why I packed my lunch and walked to the McDonald's on one occasion.

:P
Angelos

Postby CitizenNick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah, this year was awesome. I had an absolute blast.

I'll add my praise to the Adepticon staff, the speakers, and the volunteers. Fantastic job, all of you.
CitizenNick

Postby Drunken Mick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:14 am

I bought a 3.25 cup of joe and a Thai Chicken wrap for $9 I think the wrap was good and had an apple, chips and pasta salad. Pretty sure I spent more at the bar after the LOTR tournament than anyone else. I kept my promise! Although they didn't have Tim's beer of choice so I only got to sport him a sprite :/
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby knitemare » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:20 am

Ed wrote:Yeah, it was a great time. :)

Ed
2T1C

I bought a 5 dollar piece of pizza, split a full pizza (15 dollars) with someone, and a soda for like 3 dollars. Oh and a 3 dollar cup of coffee.

so 18 dollars.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby thehod » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:53 am

Big props to the Adepticon staff for running a smooth event considering the size of it and especially big props for getting stuff run on time and on target.

Jeff Chua thank you for the leadership provided during the event and having to deal with plenty of people, Hank Edley for your time and effort put in not only for your team but several events for adepticon, Rich Nelson for helping me out with the epic tournament and your patience with my laziness not to mention your guidance in running an Adepticon event, Mathias Weeks, Derek, and Robert for supporting the first Epic tournament you guys are great players in my book, Ogre for keeping everyone in line and your help on Friday, Greg Sparks for the awesome prize support you got for the Epic tournament and for your guidance in planning the tournament. Bill Kim for offering those words of wisdom when it came to running adepticon events. I know im forgetting alot of people who made my weekend the best gaming weekend all year but here's my thanks and they also go out to my opponents as well for good, clean, smooth games.
thehod

Postby biztheclown » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 pm

I'll post a big report later, but I just want to say WOW. This was the most fun I've ever had at any con or gaming event. Big thanks to all who worked so hard to put it all together. It was a mostly (cough, quiz, cough :lol: ) well oiled machine. The logistics are staggering, but you all pulled it off again. Truly impressive.
biztheclown

Postby Carrick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I will add my thanks too. A generally well run event. Only two big gripes - initial table allocation could have been done during registration and start times should always have been prompt even if a portion of competitors start late.
Adepticon '08 - Sixth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Adepticon '09 - Ninth Worst 40k Sportsman.
Carrick

Postby GregSwanson » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:04 pm

A very well run event and it just keeps getting bigger and better every year. Thanks to all the council who put in a ton of hours and don't really even get to enjoy it. Can't wait til next year.

Greg
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Timber » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Indeed you guys did a great job. It was a very fun time. I do wish the hotel prices on food and whatnot were not so horribly abusive. Next year I'll think ahead and bring some lube, though, so this shouldn't be a problem.

It's not the "best" event I've ever been to, but my opinion on that is heavily, horribly and terribly prejudiced by how well my army fought on that particular day, which is almost totally out of your control. :lol:
Timber

Postby shadowopal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 pm

As a volunteer, I'd like to ad my thanks to the organizers. You guys did an awesome job fo keeping things tight. I had a blast with every minute.
shadowopal

Next

Return to AdeptiCon 2008