40K Team Tournament Primer Missions are posted

The place to discuss all that was! Visit the AdeptiCon website (www.adepticon.org) for past coverage, event results and photos!

40K Team Tournament Primer Missions are posted

Postby dydx » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Hello All,

If you did not already know, the Team Tournament 40K Primer missions have now been posted on adepticon,org.
--Cheers

Marcus

"The guy most often confused with Bill"
dydx

Question about TT Primer Scenario 3

Postby Dal'yth Dude » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

In reading the deployment rules for scenario 3:

"Each coalition picks a single HQ model. This HQ may not join any units nor ride in any vehicles"...

Does this mean retinues are not allowed? I didn't see anything in regards to that in the Event Rules. What happens to the retinue?

Is the retinue then 'detached' forming its own unit? Where does that appear in the force org chart for purposes of deployment? Is it a scoring unit? Do I just lose those models if both HQs have retinues?

I'm already not a fan of the scenario rule as it favors certain army types over others, but this rule really seems vague to me.

Thanks for pointing me to the way.
Dal'yth Dude

Re: Question about TT Primer Scenario 3

Postby Ed » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 am

Dal'yth Dude wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

In reading the deployment rules for scenario 3:

"Each coalition picks a single HQ model. This HQ may not join any units nor ride in any vehicles"...

Does this mean retinues are not allowed? I didn't see anything in regards to that in the Event Rules. What happens to the retinue?

Is the retinue then 'detached' forming its own unit? Where does that appear in the force org chart for purposes of deployment? Is it a scoring unit? Do I just lose those models if both HQs have retinues?

I'm already not a fan of the scenario rule as it favors certain army types over others, but this rule really seems vague to me.

Thanks for pointing me to the way.

This came up at the Primer. The ruling made at the Primer (which may or may not be the same way it's played at the real thing) was that a purchased retinue had to run with the frenzied HQ. They gained none of the special benefits though. The group could not enter a vehicle, even if it was purchased as part of their retinue.

I'm not sure what happens if your only HQ is a vehicle (Ravenwing and Dark Eldar have these as special characters I believe).

Ed
Ed

Postby Dal'yth Dude » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 am

Thanks much. That is reassuring for me at least.
Dal'yth Dude

Return to AdeptiCon 2008