GW Stock

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

GW Stock

Postby Nightspawn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Here's a news article I found and wanted to share. GW stock down 24%.

http://www.lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?code=q ... it_Tumbles

What's on the horizon for GW now?
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member Wait! That doesn't sound right.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LENGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
Nightspawn

Re: GW Stock

Postby swampthing » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:27 am

and so begins the death spiral. a few victory laps around the porcelain stadium then into oblivion.

whats on the horizon you ask. How about a sunset. one filled with the bitter tears of gamers and modelers betrayed.

.... damn , i shudda been a writter. :wink:
swampthing

Postby rosco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Not too sure, I hope they stick around long enough for the last of the army books to be released. After that or during we all know it'll be their usual price hikes here and there, useless magazines, and fewer places that say games workshop to go to. Ooh well off to draxtar and games plus.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 am

It's getting worse.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 74192.page

GW is shutting down HQ's in each country. They have also begun to stop publishing army books/rules in any language except English. They are turning into what Forgeworld used to be 10 years ago. Small, expensive, and a niche within a niche.

Great. And just when I finally started getting good at painting.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Paulson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:17 pm

When you shut down the bunkers and hobby centers where people gather to play it also shuts off the recruitment of fresh blood, which is where GW focuses on extensively as their churn and burn income. Without a continual influx of new people retail sales will continue to shrink. Add in the corporate distain for the player community and it's little wonder while their sales base has dropped so much in the last year.

Individual stores and managers have had a great relationship with the players and community, but it seems like GW corporate has been trying to thwart that at every turn. They used to do a lot to promote and grow the game but those days are well past. They've been so focused on driving stock prices up and increasing profit that they've lost touch with the things that once made them great, they've lost contact with the community and their plunging numbers are finally beginning to reflect those poor choices in a way they cannot ignore.

I don't want to see GW fold, I want them to realize what the problems are and go back to what they were, a company driven by a well connected hobby community.
Paulson

Postby getupandgo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 pm

GW isn't going away anytime soon. They have diversified and have WAY more going than just a minitures line now. Even if their miniatures line is no longer profitable, their video games and other media will keep on selling. I have no horse in this race, as I have pretty much stopped buying their stuff a few years ago, but they're definitely not going out of business anytime soon, nor do I hope they do. I don't do schadenfreude.
getupandgo

Return to News & Rumors