40k 7th edition slated for this summer?

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

40k 7th edition slated for this summer?

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Lots of buzz the last few days about a new version of 40k set to release in 2014. With how fast codex books are coming out maybe they just kept going right on into 7th.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 70012.page

The most likely scenario is this new book will incorporate all the new rules for escalation, stronghold assault, dataslates, etc.. and include some tightening of the rules. (Ahem! allies and flyers)
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: 40k 7th edition slated for this summer?

Postby rosco » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:54 am

fred,

I can believe it would be more of a updated 6th ed book including the 2 new rule sets, not a full blown 7th ed. I don't really see gw cutting 6th so short, maybe expand it's time out there like they tried with the chapter approved stuff back in 3rd.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 am

all this stuff feels like a money grab. They know how much $ they make when they release a new 40k edition. makes total sense.

As a pretty big consumer of 40k I feel a bit ripped off though. Wow I'm really starting to sound like a grumpy old gamer.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Brian » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 pm

rosco wrote:fred,

I can believe it would be more of a updated 6th ed book including the 2 new rule sets, not a full blown 7th ed. I don't really see gw cutting 6th so short, maybe expand it's time out there like they tried with the chapter approved stuff back in 3rd.

Yeah, but they've never done an edition x.1. They might as well just call it 7th edition.
Brian

Postby xNickBaranx » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 pm

There's a lot of unprecedented stuff going on in the last year, this rumor could be complete bunk, it could herald just a compiled 6th Ed update, or it could be a whole new edition. Really, anything is possible at this point.

One trend I hope they are watching is that people are getting "new edition burn out" across the gaming world. I'm reading more and more talk on blogs of Oldhammer, Inquisimunda using the old Confrontation rules, and even people reviving 2nd Ed 40K (shudder).

Who knows what GW will do next - rushing out a new edition or milking out this one a bit longer to keep this pace but holding onto this edition at least the normal 4 years to slow down pushing vets to the margins. Anything is possible at this point. Things are as manic and wide open as 3rd Edition from what I see. Anything can happen.
xNickBaranx

Postby turbo tj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm

And here I was waiting for the prices to fall on the rulebooks and codexes as they came out. Now I might as well just wait and see what happens in the summer.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Return to News & Rumors