Bunker Closing

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Re: Bunker Closing

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Looks like this is pretty much confirmed. On the GW website on the job postings page is an entry for "Store Sales Manager (Downer's Grove)" with a deadline for resume submission of 10/20/13.
Lordgoober

Postby swampthing » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:14 pm

that could be read as..Tim is leaving his position as store manager and not necessarily that the store is closing.
swampthing

Postby Nightspawn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 am

The bunker will be closing around the end of November. The 27th I heard.
Then GW will be opening up another store about 4-5 miles away from the bunker. It will be a one man store with about 8 tables.
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member Wait! That doesn't sound right.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LENGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
Nightspawn

Postby rosco » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:46 pm

I guess for the easy stab at gw and dumb ideas, maybe they'll afford to turn the heat on at the one man when it opens up? when the bunker changed they did it in the dead of winter and didn't have heat for 2-3 weeks.

I hope the awc tournies find a good location as well, I don't see the 1 man store stopping all gaming for events they aren't running, plus running the time table around the 1 guy's lunch break.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:54 pm

was talking with dan at draxtar yesterday. Given notice they can accommodate 18 tables of players over there so 36 peeps.
Lordgoober

Postby Son of Sanguinius » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:38 pm

I hope thateans Tim has another position in the company to go on to. It would be a shame if they lost him. He's got mad skills and he's never been pushy when I was in the Bunker.
Have a nice day.
Chris
Son of Sanguinius

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 pm

I hope Tim lands on his feet too, but after seeing how they've treated other long term employees, I can't imagine wishing more GW on him.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby allen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I got an idea: if GW wants one man stores that bad then I suggest they close on Sunday and Monday and open from 4pm to 10pm Tuesday - Friday and from 10am to 8pm on Saturday.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby sangheili » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:14 am

Icould be tim leaving. But once the guys take all their apocalypse stuff they keep in the back itll be a sure thing if they haven't done already
sangheili

Postby seahawk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am

Being open during times that make more sense...makes more sense.

On the other hand, daytime open hours mean they can be free daycares and push product.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby rosco » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

it sucks for us with the goofy hours but for the guy working he's gotta be there early for shipments, cleaning, etc...the only bonus he has is closing the doors at 8 and going home at a reasonable time.
rosco

Postby Frankthetank » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:20 pm

The games workshop has listed the following Store Sales Manager(New Store): Downers Grove, IL. I think the key words here are New Store that tells me the the Bunker is a goner for sure. Which really sucks IMO
Gary Frank

-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?
Frankthetank

Postby Nightspawn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 pm

The bunker has had their lease extended to the first few weeks in January until the smaller shop has set up.

The smaller shop will have only two(2) tables and limited product on the shelf. One(1) person to run it like the other small shops they have. And it will be around 4-5 miles from where the bunker is now.

{Sarcasm On} Thanks GW. Thanks for nothing. :evil: {Sarcasm Off}
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member Wait! That doesn't sound right.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LENGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
Nightspawn

Postby seahawk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Awesome, who let that on?
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby rosco » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:22 am

Actually it makes sense looking at all the 1 man stores they've put up. So much for wanting to hit up gw stores after the bunker closes.
rosco

PreviousNext

Return to News & Rumors