Robotech kickstarter is over 1,442,312 total

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Re: Robotech kickstarter is over 1,442,312 total

Postby BrentS » Tue May 21, 2013 11:28 am

seahawk wrote:What happened with that?

I assume that he means that projects go too big for their britches (as they may say) and haven't delivered on time. This is certainly the case for Reaper Bones. The projected delivery was two phase in November last year (for paints) and March this year for miniatures. Its mid May and I haven't received either paints or minis. We did get an update that they are receiving the last of the minis from China soon and I'm hopeful by the end of June I'll have everything... we shall see.

I'm not sure of hte story on OGRE. I didn't back that one.
BrentS

Postby rosco » Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 pm

after speaking with several friends that have done kickstarter stuff, they warned me that late delivery is almost the norm. i'm expecting a month or more late but hope for the decmber delivery.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby seahawk » Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

They released a statement after it ended that, barring unexpected complications, they should still be meeting their December goal.

I wouldn't mind a few months late anyway. I'm easy-going.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lordgoober » Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 pm

I never worry about it. All of the kickstarters I've been in have had fairly good communication about any delays and why ,for example a Settlers of Catan plastic board (IE plastic board with slots for all the hex tiles and other game pieces) the guys doing it have posted their status updates and shown everything that's been going on and showing steady progress even though they're going to end up a little late.
Lordgoober

Postby griffen127 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:08 pm

I am sure they will say it will be on time. However, life doesn't go according to plan. It WILL be late. thats fine. Get it right and take your time. Better to get the best product 3 months late then crap that needs new rules on time. IMO
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Previous

Return to News & Rumors