Alan ...

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Alan ...

Postby muwhe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am

:D Oh this is priceless..

In all seriousness .. Congrats to Liz going 7-0 .. on what I am sure was a hard won event.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Re: Alan ...

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Lol :D

Very funny!

I have a feeling I am not ever going to live this down. Loosing the BAO Title to a girl would have been a wager I would have taken for any amount of money. But I knew daemons was going to be almost an impossible win for my list. I hoped going in that I would dodge the few people who decided to bring an army from a dead codex.

I went 6-1 and if I was just able to kill the last 3 horrors I would have walked away with the win.

A lot of things went her way in the game and the dice gods defiantly spoke up. There is going to be a sick video battle report on frontline gaming in a week or so. Each turn Liz and I stepped out and talked about the turn and what happened. At the end of the day I felt like I was standing in the way of history and I guess I will be a side note forever as the dude who lost the final round to a women.

She was super nice, very sweet, and she knew all the rules so it was an unusual last game since we had no arguments of any kind. Someone walked up to me after the game and was like congrats on the win. I said "I lost" and he was like "Oh I thought you won you where always smiling". I just had a really good time out here and the frontline guys where great to hang out with.

Still second place at the BAO was a finish I am thrilled about. :D
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Oh my this was funny Hank. Then I watchd the battle report.

She made 11 out of 14 4+ saves with misfortune up. That means she made 11 out of 14 four plus saves having to reroll successful saves.

She shot 21 times with a horror unit and hit + wounded 17 times. Are you kidding me?

Then she made 10 of 12 four plus saves in a close combat.

No Alan didn't lose to a girl. My two year old could have won that game with those dice.

At some point Alan you have to reach around the table and use her dice. Put them down your pants if you have to.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby DaGrippster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I have to agree with Fred. Usually I don't like blaming a game on the dice because I think it evens out over the course of a game. Yea you might have a bad turn, but there is enough chance to recover and change your strategy if need be.

That was not the case watching this game. This was just painful to watch. On paper I would say you have the game in the bag.

Not taking the validation of the win away from her, she had to play 6 games before this and there's no way they were all luck.

Anyway, congrats second is not bad. Also I don't think you're allowed to blame your games against me on dice anywhere, I am nowhere close to as lucky as that. :lol:
DaGrippster

Postby muwhe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 am

I have a feeling I am not ever going to live this down.

Oh ya! The other 6 guys she beat will go unremember.

You sir will be branded. Which reminds me of a favoite TV show theme of my youth ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlUS5-ag_g

I'm so old the original show was in Black and White...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-7D4io1Rs

I'm sure Fred remembers this as he's older than me.

So she had some hot dice, fellas ... she won. From the looks of things she made some stone cold, hard, veteran choices in that final round! Worthy of someone south of I-80!! :D
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby brendan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:08 pm

fred,

It is not okay to put other peoples dice in your pants.

I still haven't recovered.

also that was a practice game...

BJB
brendan

Return to News & Rumors