Chicago Bnker downsizing to single employee store

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Re: Chicago Bnker downsizing to single employee store

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

It has not been comfirmed by anyone.

I talked to Tim at the bunker and he says he has heard nothing about it.

He also said that if GW is planning some kind of move or closing or anything, that he will make it known to the public asap.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby Scootare » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Your never gonna hear confirm or deny when the store will be closing.

I need to find a place to run my APOC Campaign.
We had 3 10K games going on there last saterday (5K a side on three tables)

Jeff and I been having a blast with it....
Very few places going to have the table space to run these kind of games on a monthly basis...
Anyone has ideas I would love to hear them!
Scootare

Postby seahawk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Doubt it. The LA bunker's patrons got blindsided with only a 1 month heads up that the change was happening.

Again, Dekalb's NGIT has two 12x4 tables that can be pushed together, split from each other, and various 6x4 tables that can be easily moved around. During the day is usually available, thought Wednesday drafts, FNM, and Saturdays tend to be busy.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby swampthing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Heres a few thoughts,

Its possible that the downsizing will occur at the satallite stores, such as the "walk in closet" at the woodfield Mall. The Bunker would not voluntarely stop using space that they are paying rent on. thats just silly. no accountant in the world could justify that move.

also, Tim is a great guy, but he is a company man, ....enough said.

and finally, Dekalb is not actually a town, its a bare spot in a corn field where college students throw up after a long night of drinking.

I suggest we all take a xanax the Bunker isnt going anywhere
swampthing

Postby Depayen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah but at least they have a working restroom unlike you city folks.
Death comes at high Speed!
Here cometh the orangemen!

O'where O'where will I pop in. Go first I will let you shoot at nothing.
Depayen

Postby seahawk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 am

Still a better place to play than with the daycare kids ;) :D

The point is, there's at least one sturdy option for big events.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby rosco » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 am

Maybe the other shops were doing that poorly to earn being cut down to one man stores. The Chicago bunker makes quite a large sum off all the rug rats that come in from the laser tag place next to it. Until those numbers drop like a rock it'll be there. As for the crapper there it wouldn't surprise me if they closed it off cause of people not knowing how to hit the target, any way it goes they don't have to provide a restroom.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am

swampthing wrote:The Bunker would not voluntarely stop using space that they are paying rent on. thats just silly. no accountant in the world could justify that move.

Really?? And you know that because you're an accountant?

I'm not an accountant, but I work for a large corporation (far bigger than GW). We shut down a large portion of the floor that my division uses because the accountants said to do so. We literally have a 'no go' area. See, as long as it is unoccupied space, they get to write it off their taxes. If we so much as store something there, it's used space, and there's no break.

Why not remove the space? Well, it turns out there are these things called leases, and most have penalties for being broken. If the cost of breaking the lease exceeds the cost of leaving the space empty and writing it off as unused, you better believe that the accountants will tell them to just leave it unused. That's how corporations roll. It might seem silly to pay for unused space, but depending on the conditions of the lease, it may actually be cheaper to do just that than to break the lease.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby seahawk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 am

In my experience, leases determine how a GW changes. The Gurnee shop shut down when the lease was up a while back, despite being a fairly successful store (so I thought, anyway). It's likely that the Bunker's lease will be up next year and will inspire changes to the layout and all that.
seahawk

Postby swampthing » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

In response to RedBeard's acerbic response...

No , Im not an Accountant, but i did sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night.

Seriously, though, I have run my own corporation for the last 25 years, have read and negotiated those so called "lease" thingys, and am married to the chief financial officer of a Multimillion dollar coporation who happens to be an accountant. so my comments are not necessarly the rantings of an uneducated, blowhard, know-it-all.

Ill run your scenerio past her, and see what she says.
swampthing

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

swampthing wrote: and am married to the chief financial officer of a Multimillion dollar coporation

Gold Digger!!!! You make me proud man. :wink:
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm the President of a multi-thousand dollar corporation and lease my house. I would rope off a section and claim it as unused, but then the cat would ruin it by storing herself in there. As far as I know, though, she stays clear of my gaming stuff.
Lord Krungharr

Previous

Return to News & Rumors