White Dwarf - digital?

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

White Dwarf - digital?

Postby BrentS » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

My White Dearf subscription is about to expire and I'm considering renewing via the iPad version. Anyone made this leap yet? I was thinking this would save my ever growing problem with storage space.
BrentS

Re: White Dwarf - digital?

Postby BrotherAdemaro » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Worth it for sure, same thing as paper but U get 360 views and zoom of some stuff and the price is lower.
BrotherAdemaro

Postby jlong05 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 pm

I have it on the iPad as well. So far I am amiable towards the new version. The blowup images and 360 views are nice. Cost wise I think its actually cheaper than the paper version as well, but only just.

Overall the content is the same. they do omit some of the jumk at the end(store locations and stuff).
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Monty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

My subscription is about to expire. It's really hard to fork out $10 for an advertisement. What is the iPad cost, and can you print out pages (like rules or paint guides)?
Monty

Postby jlong05 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am

I doubt printing works. although I have not tried it. The issues with printing from an iPad is having compatible printers for AirPrint, which I dont have for testing.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Rhysk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 pm

I got in with the first issue, cost just over $60 for the year. Not sure what they are charging now. There are occasionally issues with the download server as the files are large 350+MB. They tend to time out before completing. That stated once you have it its pretty cool. I don't think you could print a whole issue but you could screen shot specific pages and print them from your photos. Overall, its a good product and worth the $$$.
Rhysk

Return to News & Rumors