New Chaos Codex

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Re: New Chaos Codex

Postby seahawk » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 pm

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am

Damn, they took our Leadership down a little bit. And no Dreadnoughts, I guess I will be using mine as the Mauler/Forge Fiends then, or possibly Hellbrutes.

Some decent weaponry, and that crazy Boon Table looks fun though!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 am

Oh, and Flakk Missiles! Excellente.
Lord Krungharr

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

I don't like that my Dark Apostle, who is equal to a Chaos Lord in power and stuff, and leads massive warhosts of Word Bearers, is now as weak as a pathetic chaplain. Lame sauce to the max. He'll be a counts-as I guess...
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby YeezyMozart » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 pm

seahawk wrote:I don't like that my Dark Apostle, who is equal to a Chaos Lord in power and stuff, and leads massive warhosts of Word Bearers, is now as weak as a pathetic chaplain. Lame sauce to the max. He'll be a counts-as I guess...

He is pathetic cause word bearers are the most pathetic chapter of Space Marines they are a bunch of winning girls and there primarch is the biggest pansy of them all. :shock:
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

YeezyMozart wrote: bunch of winning girls
At least they're winning :P
seahawk

Postby allen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Lord Krungharr wrote:Damn, they took our Leadership down a little bit. And no Dreadnoughts, I guess I will be using mine as the Mauler/Forge Fiends then, or possibly Hellbrutes.

Some decent weaponry, and that crazy Boon Table looks fun though!

As long as the hellbrute has the same options as the dreadnought had then if you have the chaos dreadnought then you can use is for a hellbrute.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby seahawk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Like I said, the hellbrute is the dreadnought, just under a new name, fluff, and design. Sadly.
seahawk

Postby Crumpsky » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 am

It is sad, I smell Jervis in this codex. Who wrote this again? I hope it isnt another 5th chaos codex, because that one was sad, and this is looking to keep the trend.
Crumpsky

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Crumpsky wrote:It is sad, I smell Jervis in this codex. Who wrote this again? I hope it isnt another 5th chaos codex, because that one was sad, and this is looking to keep the trend.

I think Phil Kelly wrote it.
Brian

Postby DaGrippster » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 pm

I read through it a few times now, and I have to say I like it more the more I get into it. It's not perfect, it's not what I would have done but it's pretty cool. There are a lot of cool options in there and with allies especially you can do any kind of army you want (Still would have been nice to see some legion specific stuff... maybe next time).

My only complaint is that most of the units seem to be a bit overpriced. It's not an issue, I just wish they would keep it consistent from codex to codex how much bang you get for your buck.
DaGrippster

Postby seahawk » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 am

Really? Everything except Daemon Princes and Plague Marines got a hefty price reduction...maybe a couple other onsie twosies but on the whole, one can definitely get more chaos into their army now.
seahawk

Postby DaGrippster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am

I guess considering that I have a bunch of demon princes, plague marines and berzerkers I feel it more :lol:

I also think that the dragon and forgefiend are overpriced for what they do.
DaGrippster

Postby seahawk » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

That'll learn yer fer havin' a boring net list :P

Defilers got a big increase, but then for 45 points they gained a 5+ inv, Fear, Daemonforge, and It Will Not Die. So, I guess those four rules equal about 45 points. Scratch that cost off the Forgefiend, plus the bonus for fleet, as well as the cost for daemonic possession and it's only about 105 or so...which is exactly what the dreadnought costs. Given its statline is essentially the same as a dreadnought, the points work out very nicely. I think the forgefiend is priced just fine...it's the Defiler that I'm sad about! :P

On the other hand, I can now slap a combi-bolter, combi-flam/melt/plas, and a havoc launcher all to any vehicle with the option to do so...shooty rhinos of death! :D
seahawk

Postby DaGrippster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

That'll learn yer fer havin' a boring net list

Didn't actually use them much at all in the current codex, because it is boring. I had them all from the previous codex.
DaGrippster

PreviousNext

Return to News & Rumors