New Chaos Codex

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

New Chaos Codex

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Does anyone know a date when they are supposed to release the new Chaos Space Marine Codex? I'm wondering whether or not I should bother getting the new Dark Vengeance models. The Hellbrute looks kinda cool, is he a Dreadnought or does it have Wounds? Looks like there's a multi-melta on his one hand.

I really like the looks of the new Lord, but I wonder if he'll just be another Huron Blackheart. The Cultists could be Veterans in my Traitor Guard army, that would be neat and Chaotic.
Lord Krungharr

Re: New Chaos Codex

Postby Calgar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am

I think it's is going up for preorder on the 29th, and releases on the 6th.
Calgar

Postby YeezyMozart » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 am

Calgar wrote:I think it's is going up for preorder on the 29th, and releases on the 6th.

Any he use to work for GW in a big way!
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby seahawk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Helbrute is the new dreadnought, full stop. No more Chaos Dreadnought. I'm still going to call it that, of course, because Helbrute is a dumb, tinkertoy name that the dread doesn't deserve to be taken down to.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Calgar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Here are some pics I found of the new chaos stuff on faeit 212 http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/09/imag ... .html#more. Pic seem to be out of the new WD.

Drake
Forgefiend
Warpsmith
Warp talons
Calgar

Postby Crumpsky » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

The new stuff looks great, if the chaos dread is replaced I will be very upset. I like the fluff of the chaos dreads and will miss them in the new dex. Does anyone else get the impressions they just put some spiky bits on the techmarine model to make the warp smith? I think they could have done a better job. All in all I'm excited for this new dex, hopefully it is more competitive than the old one...
Crumpsky

Postby swampthing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm

not to mention all those elaborate dread models that Forgeworld has invested in..... I dont think the Chaos dread is being replaced.

Actually 3 of the 5 models pictured could be part of a Dark Mechanicum army. What if?.............Naaaaaah, It couldnt be.

see thats how rumors get started.
swampthing

Postby seahawk » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 am

That's the thing, it is being completely replaced. The Dark Vengeance version is incredibly mutated/twisted, etc. Their fluff states that the Helbrutes were once dreadnoughts, but now have become a twisted parody. Some are more mutated than others, some not much at all.

But otherwise, yes. Same stats, same rules , the fluff says they were dreadnoughts, so that's it then. No more "dreads", they're all Helbrutes.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:19 pm

I think my Dreadnoughts are mutated enough to be Hellbrutes, although I agree that the name Dreadnought is much cooler than Hellbrute. What about Hellnaught?
If they don't go crazy I will be happy. Mine have shot my own stuff way too many times!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Calgar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:52 pm

So it looks like the chaos codex goes on preorder this weekend, that would coincide with UK games day. There is a trailer up on the GW website now
Calgar

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:20 am

I don't know why but the miniatures overall are not thrilling me. New combat oblits are horrible, and the construct walker things look a little goofy.

I absolutely love the starter box miniatures for Chaos, it just seems a bit of a let-down of the things I'm seeing in this wave.

BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby allen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 am

I'm not excited about the new models either. The obliterators and mutilators should've been made in plastic and put as a multi part kit instead of separated and put into finecrap.

Not excited about the daemonic tyranids in a chaos army.

If you look at the models closely they look like Cryx from the Warmachine line and Skorne from the Hordes line.

I hope the rules are better than the models.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 pm

The rules as I understand them are about 175pts for armor 12/12/10. They have the Daemon rule, Daemonic possession, It shall not die (which means they regenerate hull points on a 5+ each turn), and the CC one is a Beast. The shooty one has 8 str 8 shots at BS3 and can be changed to have all plasmacannon shots instead for a 25-30pts bump.

I'm not sure where they are in the codex force org chart.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby rosco » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm

the book and just bout all the figs went up for preorder back on the 21rst at gw stores, not sure anywhere else.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby seahawk » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am

I want a dakka fiend and a plasma fiend. Those guns are awesome! :P

The autocannons are pretty lame at only 4 shots, but with S8, it makes me feel like I'm taking old havocs again.

The plasma is also S8, which will be great for annihilating paladin-centric armies.
seahawk

Next

Return to News & Rumors