NOVA Coverage

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

NOVA Coverage

Postby YeezyMozart » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I want to see how our guys are doing over there. Where can I see NOVA coverage?
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Re: NOVA Coverage

Postby Matthias » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I've only seen spotty stuff across the web. The novaopen.blogspot.com tracker has only been updated for one round. 3++ and Dakka have some minimal table pairings and invitational results. The 11th Company are doing a live feed, but that is all that great for what has already occurred.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 am

Carlson is on the top table, in his bracket, in the final round against a space wolf drop pod army. I think it's the Ren Man bracket which includes painting, sportsmanship, etc...

On the winner only bracket, Kopachs SW/IG list has been winning throughout. There are a lot of Necron armies in the undefeated bracket also. Kopachs list just beat Neil Gilstraps 13 flyer Necron monstrosity. The Necrons killed 40+ models on turn two, but somewhere around turn 5 Njal rolled the Chain Lightning power and started dropping flyers like pancakes. Njal pretty much single handily destroyed the Necron air force in that game. The SW/IG list is 4-5 full sized grey hunter squads, 50 guardsman bobbed up, a Primaris psyker, Njal and an lt squad that does nothing. Njal attaches to the blob and walks to the center untargetable. Then his powers go ape nuts in the end game and the enemy dies.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby YeezyMozart » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 am

I saw the game between Neil and Tony. I disagreed with most of Neils strategy but yea Njal is a beast!
I knew a man who once said, ”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

Chicago Kamikazes: http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/
YeezyMozart

Postby GregSwanson » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Man what those necrons wouldn't give for a Stormraven with mind strike missiles.....
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby Lord Krungharr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Not sure what the Njal lightning does but it sounds painfully nasty. However, focussed Barrage blasts on his head, if the hit, would force him to take saves as the wounds come from the center of the blast in that case. That might a way to nail him, besides rolling 6's for precision shots, or challenges in combat, which I suppose he could just deny. Or Spawn him, that chooses models, even though not usually very successful. Screw those SpaceDogs!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:20 pm

GregSwanson wrote:Man what those necrons wouldn't give for a Stormraven with mind strike missiles.....

You know that would have taken him right out. He can look out sir any other type of damage, except the perils. Good catch.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 am

How would that work in a big squad? Since the missile blasts are direct shots, wouldn't casualties come from the front?

Yeah he is a beast at taking down flyers.

I ended up winning my bracket. Made some mistakes the first set of 4 games, targeted the wrong unit the last turn against Alex (pink necrons) which netted me a narrow loss. Played Tyranids and made a mistake on target priority and let the tervigons live (lots of units spawned I couldn't keep up with).

With that said, I won all my games in the 2-2 bracket. Some tough match-ups. I did play another necron air-force with 8 night scythes. I went 2nd and proceeded to jack up his flyers. Immotek on my opponents side did down one of my doom scythes. by far those machines were my MVP's. I ended up 6-2 for the weekend. Still learning the army some minor tweaks I'd do to it, but it really dominated most of the field.

Cheers,
BC
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:32 am

Mind strike missiles cause a perils to anyone under the template. It's not a hit and it's not a wound, it's a perils and thus can not be LOS away. Of course you can only shoot 2 missiles at a time and you need them to stick and hit over Njals head. The sounds caused by the str 4 missile get taken from the front guys, but the perils side effect will hit home.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Lord Krungharr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am

Damn, forgot about the Look Out Sir. Since I don't field stuff with Mindstrike Missiles, maybe 3 units of 4 Flamers would do enough damage to eat up Njal's blob. That and a lucky 3 blast Manticore shot. Lucky meaning it would have to live before the damn lightning destroyed the vehicle!
Lord Krungharr

Return to News & Rumors