Codex Updates in White Dwarf

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Codex Updates in White Dwarf

Postby Lord Krungharr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

Do the Codex Updates officially count as part of the Codex for the army in the update?
Lord Krungharr

Re: Codex Updates in White Dwarf

Postby seahawk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Yep. They always have before, they've just never had a whole pamphlet dedicated to them. It otherwise says "official update" on them, so if you're playing by the old rules, well that's just wrong ;).
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Cool, I just wanted to make sure the still have Eternal Warrior since the Flamers and Screamers now have 2 wounds each. I miss the 4+ save but cheaper Flamers will make up for that. Screamers will be a nice way to deal with Terminators maybe.
Lord Krungharr

Postby Kuma » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:28 pm

I played a game the other day with 2 units of 5 flamers and they rocked chops. Blew up a lrdemolisher instantly and sucked in all the firepower the imp guard player could toss at em. when the second squad came in they dusted a chimera and a vet squad with a psycher, then were charged by another psycher and smushed him with its flamer overwatch. nice... :D
Kuma

Postby Lord Krungharr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm

WOW, that's a nice thing to hear! They served me well in a tournament last weekend. I can only fit 2 units of 3 in my next tournament list, as I really want to use all 4 Greater Daemons to see what that's like (allowing double FOC in this one down here). I'll roll in the Rhinos with Personal Icons and hopefully they'll get in place before exploding to drop in the Flamers.

I can't wait to Vector Strike some Flyers with the Thirster and Lord too :D
Lord Krungharr

Return to News & Rumors