Is anyone else's FW orders taking an unusually long time?

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Is anyone else's FW orders taking an unusually long time?

Postby Brian » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

I ordered a butcher cannon for the Chaos Decimator on April 20th through the Bunker and...it's still not in.

I called them a couple weeks ago and they said the batch of orders they had placed in late March had just come in. They swear they didn't lose my order. Still, it's going on a month and a half. I don't think I've ever waited that long to get an order.
Brian

Re: Is anyone else's FW orders taking an unusually long time

Postby jrnach » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 pm

That's pretty much par for the course. I waited nearly seven months for some space wolf terminator conversions.
jrnach

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:04 pm

I've had good success just ordering from FW directly through their website. It has taken 2-3 weeks for the last 3 items I ordered.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Crumpsky » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 am

I would just deal straight with FW from now on. The last time I ordered through the Bunker it took so long I forgot I even ordered something. From what I have read online FW is "trying" to improve their own customer service.
Crumpsky

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 am

plus now you can't order through the bunker anymore. You have to order directly from FW now.
Lordgoober

Postby muwhe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 pm

My understanding is that GW retail is no longer doing FW orders which may explain why they have taken so long.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby allen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:30 pm

The bunker should've kept forge world in stock. That was making the money for them. If keeping forge world items in the store was too high for them then they should've at least kept plenty of the popular items in stock like the terminator shoulder pads, rhino doors, death korps of kreig, etc.

In fact, if GW was smart they would open a forge world plant here in the US and sell forge world in all the stores. Then they would make enough money to keep their stores running and hopefully in the future keep them open late and have enough staff to run them so they wouldn't have to raise prices every year.
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Postby CmdrVimes » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 pm

They quit carrying/ordering Forgeworld at the Bunker 31 May. I spoke to them today and the last of the orders that were made should be in in the next few weeks.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 pm

The last time I ordered from the Bunker, it took several months. I hate to say it but orders from Adepticon and Gamesday get here much much faster.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Return to News & Rumors