Latest rumor on 6th

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Re: Latest rumor on 6th

Postby Brian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 pm

BrentS wrote:
Brian wrote:Release date is 6/23, teaser just went up on GW.

I'm guessing that the teaser date of 6/23 is the date the advanced orders go up.

Ah so they announced the date that they will announce the real date.

Lame.
Brian

Postby CmdrVimes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 am

Sure, kinda like businesses that have a meeting to decide what the next meeting will be about.
Len C.
CmdrVimes

Postby turbo tj » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:52 am

yeah I talked to one of the GW guys on Saturday and he said it was most likely the Advanced orders would become available and the actual books would be available in 1st or 2nd week of July.
Man, I really wish it was coming out Digitally for Android. I would get it right away. but now I'm not sure what to do. Wait for GW to realize they will make more money on Android or just get the book?
Or wait for someone to hack the software and then I can have it on Android? Because those apps are all over the place. It's easy for apps to get through the current iOS format for iBooks. After iOS 6 comes out though it may be a problem.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Postby seahawk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 pm

There is no time for peace. No respite. No forgiveness.

There is only WAR.

In the nightmare future of the 41st Millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of destruction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens and threatened from within by Warp-spawned entities and heretical plots. Only the strength of the immortal Emperor of Terra stands between humanity and its annihilation, and in his name, countless warriors and agents do battle against the encroaching darkness. Foremost amongst them stand the Space Marines, the ultimate protectors of Mankind.

Across airless moons, within the depths of dark, twisted hive worlds and even in the immaterial realm of Warp space, battles rage that will shape the future of the galaxy forever.
It is a universe that you can enter today, if you dare. But remember that this is a dark and terrible era, and there is no peace amongst the stars...

The £45 ($70) Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook is your essential guide to playing atmospheric battles in the 41st Millennium. It helps you field majestic armies of Citadel miniatures across the war-ravaged battlefields of the far-future, in the ultimate contest of strategy and skill.

With 440 full-colour pages, this hardback Rulebook is packed with rich background and contains all the rules for fighting pulse-pounding tabletop battles. The Rulebook includes exciting features such as dynamic close-combat, flyers, psychic devastation and interactive scenery. As well as jaw-dropping artwork, contained within is a history of the 41st Millennium and a richly detailed guide to the races and weapons of the far-future. It also features a comprehensive hobby section to set you on the path to choosing, collecting and building your own Warhammer 40,000 army of Citadel miniatures.

One of the many exciting features of Warhammer 40,000 is Psychic devastation, where Psykers wreak havoc on the battlefield. Psychic Powers is the complete set of Psychic cards, which be used in conjunction with Psychic Disciplines. They make a great accessory to your tabletop games.

This £8 ($12.5) set contains 35 large-format cards and come stored in a plastic fan-opening case, which bears the Aquila. There are 7 cards for each Psychic Discipline, each of which is represented by distinct artwork. There is also an instruction leaflet that classifies which powers can be used by the main Psykers in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

There are also "Munitorum Templates" (£12 ($19), designed with a metal effect look), "Munitorum Tape Measure" (£10 ($15.5), looking like a Servoskull) and "Munitorum Dice" (£10 ($15.5), while stocks last).

On advance order on 23th, available from 30th of June.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby turbo tj » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am

$70 Rulebook, $12.50 Card set, $19 templates, $15.50 tape measure, $15.50 dice. Total $132.50.
Good thing it's all rich kids with parents money to spend on this stuff. WOW!
How much will the digital version be and can you get the cards on digital?
And the codexes haven't come out yet. YIKES!
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 pm

What that card set makes me think is that 40k is going to see a return to the Magic Phase, err Psychic phase ;).
Lordgoober

Previous

Return to News & Rumors