Latest rumor on 6th

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Latest rumor on 6th

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

These are all rumors I have heard/read recently. I have no independent verification on any of these, but I have heard them enough to get the gossip mill churning.

6th edition is looking like a July release with Chaos and Dark Angels in the box.

Premeasureing is in so random charge distances seem certain. You might even be able to buy terrain for your army so Kroot can bring trees wherever they go.

The latest is that close combat weapons will now have an AP like shooting weapons do.

Power weapons ap 3
Powerfist ap 2
Chainfist ap 1
Chainsword ???
Claws and Teeth ???

All Grey Knights have power weapons so it might be a little kick in the pants for them. Swanson's Dark Angel Terminator army just became the top GK killer in the 40k universe. Basic terminators also won't have much to fear from Daemons as all those Khorne weapons are power weapons and won't get past the initial 2+ save. We might actually see stormbolter terminators deployed on the tabletop for the first time since 4th edition. No word on what a Monsterous creature attacks with, but my guess is it has to be AP 1 just to save the daemon codex from being complete rubish and make Tyranids a little better at popping vehicles.

I have about 30 Chaos Terminators at home just waiting for the time when a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor can make them all scoring units. :twisted: However they almost all have power weapons on them which is not as good as I had originally thought.
Generalissimo_Fred

Re: Latest rumor on 6th

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:24 am

I saw that too. And while it's entertaining to think 'ha ha, screw Grey Knights', we don't know what Force Weapons will be.

I'm not a fan of power weapons being AP3, mostly because it just adds another reason why no one will take them. I mean, outside of units, like GK, that come with power weapons built-in, how often do you see people take power weapons instead of power fists. I think it would make for a more interesting list-design question if power weapons were AP2, and power fists were AP3. Then you'd really need to weigh the tradeoff between wounding and getting past the 2+ save. As it looks now, it's a no brainer - take fists and leave power weapons at home.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby Lord Krungharr » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

If Power Weapons ignore armour saves, then why would Terminators even get their 2+ save at all?
Lord Krungharr

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 pm

I think the implication is that they will no longer ignore all armour saves, they'll now have an ap value.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby rosco » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

ah s@#$%##$%%^^Y^& more of the ap crude. gw should ditch the ap stuff and just bring back the to hit and armor mods since true line of sight is back. then again that's just my opinion that no body wants to hear.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey. If I still did that style of roundbasing I wouldn't mind going back to the old 2e style armor save modfiers ;)
Lordgoober

Postby rosco » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am

Rob, you know I have all the 2nd edition stuff. You should have kept your dark angels. Ok so who's with me on playing some 2nd Ed?
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 am

If power weapons are ap3, then a royal court of 5 Lords with warscythes and weave has a good chance to cut down most anything that might hurt them in combat before it gets to attack. I have a feeling force weapons will be the same as power weapons and that will give Mephiston a swift kick in the pants of power. I wonder what ap rending attacks will be?
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby Generalissimo_Fred » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Latest word is 6th edition has a July 7th release date.

Personally I am paralyzed from buying and assembling any new models until I see what the new rules are.
Generalissimo_Fred

Postby GregSwanson » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 pm

I feel the same way Fred I am waiting for the new edition and the Chaos codex....
That crazy fireman!
I am not smart but I can lift heavy things!
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There are not massive army costume parties and campy parade floats. - xNickBaranx
GregSwanson

Postby swampthing » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 am

Generalissimo_Fred wrote:

Personally I am paralyzed from buying and assembling any new models until I see what the new rules are.

wish i had the same will power, i just got me a Dakka Jet, and i plan on using it regardless of how worthless they make it in 6th-ed. :D
swampthing

Postby Hero Jones » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:34 pm

So, Feel no Pain will get a boost against power weapons...awesome. :roll:

HJ
Hero Jones

Postby turbo tj » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Only new miniature I got was the StormTalon. I'm hopeful that the StormRaven and StormTalon will become standard for all Space Marine Armies in 6th Edition, but probably limiting one or the other by points costs. I am looking forward to 6th edition in the hopes that my White Scars will finally have their abilities brought back from 3rd edition. But that's just me being hopeful.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Postby Brian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Release date is 6/23, teaser just went up on GW.
Brian

Postby BrentS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Brian wrote:Release date is 6/23, teaser just went up on GW.

I'm guessing that the teaser date of 6/23 is the date the advanced orders go up.
BrentS

Next

Return to News & Rumors