Cathartic Rant

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Cathartic Rant

Postby swampthing » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 am

Given, in this day of murderous rampages, crippling economic conditions war, catostrophic natural disasters, and Rebecca Black videos, my beef with the bunker staff seem pathetically trivial, (so my wife informs me)yet , this is gnawing at my soul and i have to get it off my chest....

( queue violins)

this last weekend, while attending a tourny at the Bunker, I had the honor of being chided by a Bunker employee for calling my son a "smart ass" after one of his typical teenage comebacks. My sin was to have uttered my profanity in the presence of a potential new client and his dad as they were getting the grand sales tour and pitch. My response, at the time was shock and embarassment and a measly mouth retort about donkeys as I exited for lunch.

Had I been reproached by the parent, I would have offered an apology and thought nothing more of it. Beign told to "watch my mouth" by some minnimum wage associate who is half my age and probably sprinkles his off- the- clock language with the F-word worse than Andrew Dice Clay, really bothers me.

Yes, yes, yes , Its a "family store", and the employees are told to enforce certain rules. But when you have to confront someone about a rule infraction or some indescretion, it can be done as an asside. Especially when that someone and his two sons have spent an obsecene amount of money in your store.

That plus the fact that i got my ass kicked all three games, made for a Humbling day....

(end the violins) Ok, i feel much better. :roll:
swampthing

Postby RAMSEY » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

At least you won best painted. Grats by the way.
"YOUR SUFFERING WILL BE LEGENDARY, EVEN IN HELL"
G.R.A.M.P.A. Member
No wait! That doesn't sound right.
RUMRUNNERS Gaming Group
Nephilim Jet Fighter…….. What’s it fighting?.... BALLOONS!
RAMSEY

Postby YeezyMozart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am

Yea , honestly the guys at the bunker are really down to earth and nice guys. I have seen many staffs come and go at the bunker and I really like the current one.

The guys are all super cool and real approachable on and off the clock.

You just have to remember that they will get into trouble if they do not address any inappropriate language immediately. Trust me I swear like a sailor and I did Sunday night after the tournament right at the counter and was told to "Watch My mouth" I thought nothing of it. The guys are just doing their job and believe me if they are not allowed to swear all day with some of the stuff they have to deal with then I don't mind trying my best to stay family appropriate.

I am sure the parent in the store appreciated the staff member for saying something. Its not personal the guys in there are just doing what they are told and it has been that way for as long as I have been going to GW's
YeezyMozart

Postby allen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 pm

that's what happens when you go into a gaming store that feels more like a daycare center. :)
After a three year hiatus...I'm back.
allen

Return to News & Rumors