Lucius pods

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Postby rosco » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 am

it still seems so worth it to drop a ba dread with claws or an iron clad into someone's lines like that.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby muwhe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:32 pm

It would be except that Blood Angels can not longer use the Lucius Pattern Droppod in standard games of 40k.

An Iron Clad might be problematic...
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Can Blood Angels still use Lucius Drop Pods in the Gladiator Adepticon tournament, since it's not a normal 40k game?
I got my butt kicked last year by an army with I think 6 BA Dreads in Drop Pods. But that stinker didn't assault at Initiative 1, otherwise I might have had a sporting chance. He wasn't very good at explaining his rules to me. This year I can just Strength D their arses with my other army!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Matthias » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 am

No.

The Lucius Pod now uses the new rules in Imperial Armour Apoc Second Edition. Blood Angels are not allowed to field this unit per the new rules.

The Gladiator does not conform to a defined type of game. It is an AdeptiCon specific format and makes allowances for certain IA/Apoc units per the AdeptiCon 2012 Allowable Imperial Armour and Apocalypse Units document which can be found here:

http://www.adepticon.org/12rules/201240KIAApoc.pdf
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby rosco » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 am

if you guys allow the apoc units at the gladiator and in apoc anything goes why don't the blood angels get their lucius pods? in normal 40k i understand only the listed armies get it, but we are talking about an anything goes tourny that started with 1 rule and 1 rule only-- NO CRYING.
good bad i'm the guy with the gun
rosco

Postby Lord Krungharr » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:54 pm

That's true, the no holds barred is why Titans are allowed. But I guess if the book says BA can't use the Lucius pods, and the Gladiator allows it, then why don't they allow Chaos to have them or assault from Dreadclaws? I would definitely use my Dreads if that were the case!
Lord Krungharr

Postby Arander » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 pm

rosco wrote:if you guys allow the apoc units at the gladiator and in apoc anything goes why don't the blood angels get their lucius pods? in normal 40k i understand only the listed armies get it, but we are talking about an anything goes tourny that started with 1 rule and 1 rule only-- NO CRYING.

The Gladiator uses the 40k ruleset with certain Apoc models and units allowed. That's quite a bit different from using the Apoc ruleset where as you stated 'anything goes'.

With the 40k ruleset, it's still primarily a normal game of 40k. You still have a specific army, and a specific force org chart to fill. They just allow the use of certain Apoc models and units because it's awesome to see massive Titans, Stompas, etc... on the field. I think many will agree that the Apoc ruleset would be almost impossible to make into a competitive format, and is really intended for an afternoon/evening of pushing models around with your buddies all while enjoying your foods and beverages of choice.
Arander

Postby muwhe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 pm

The Gladiator use of Forgeworld pre-dates the Apocalypse ruleset.

The event has special rules that allow the inclusion of Super Heavies, GMC, and Flyers.

They are not Apocalypse games. They do not allow formations or strategems.
muwhe
AdeptiCon Oracle

Previous

Return to News & Rumors