Lucius pods

The place to discuss relevant News and Rumors!

Lucius pods

Postby The Black Knight » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:38 am

Haven't actually seen the book yet, but heard a rumor that IA Apoc 2nd edition changed up the Lucius pod rules a bit. Were they made unavailable to BA and GK and the points increased from 50 to 65? Also, does this book only affect APOC rules or was it meant as a rules upgrade for that unit overall, in effect, making it so that BA can no longer use it? Thanks for any info anybody can provide.
The Black Knight always triumphs.
The Black Knight

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 am

It is meant to be an upgraded rules set for that unit. Additionally it now takes up a Fast Attack slot.

The Achilles Land Raider also has a new profile in that book.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Cptn_Snuggles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah that's pretty BS... since a lot of us painted one up as Blood Angels. I heard the same thing.
Cptn_Snuggles

Postby Redbeard » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 pm

If I had a nickel for every model I had painted that was no longer legal in the army it was painted for, I'd be able to buy a new army. At current GW prices too.

Par for the course, I'm afraid.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby seahawk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

To conclude the thread, yes.

It has been increased to 65.

It's only available as a Fast Attack choice for SM, SW, DA, and BT.

The dreadnought inside can still assault, but it must take a Dangerous Terrain test to do so, reducing it's Initiative to 1 for that round.

I feel these are all very good balancers, to be honest.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby tear of the angel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Why would it drop it to intiative one. It's a dangerous terrain test not difficult, so either it would become immoblized or not.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby DragonBait » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 pm

All dangerous is difficult.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby tear of the angel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 am

I totally disagree with that statment, since for example a non walker vehicles have to take dangerous terrain test but not difficult, as well as bikes.

Maybe I'm wrong but could you give the page in the main rule book that states that dangerous terrain is the same as difficult.
SEMPER FORTIS- ALWAYS COURAGEOUS
tear of the angel

Postby DragonBait » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 am

Looks I was wrong with my statement above after a bunch of BRB hunting, and I don't have the Lucius pod rules to check there either.
"What's you're job?"
"Oh, I'm retired now. I invented dice when I was a kid."
DragonBait

Postby seahawk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am

Maybe I'm wrong but could you give the page in the main rule book that states that dangerous terrain is the same as difficult.
Silly Dragonbait was wrong.

Dangerous isn't Difficult, but it still drops your Initiative to 1. This is covered in the assault rules, under the heading "Assaulting through Cover" or somesuch. Mid-30's for the page number; I'm at work and don't have the book with me.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Zero_Cool » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:29 pm

seahawk wrote:The dreadnought inside can still assault, but it must take a Dangerous Terrain test to do so, reducing it's Initiative to 1 for that round.

This statement is inaccurate. The rule that you are referring to is infact under the "Assaulting Through Terrain" section on page 36. That section states:

"..., if an assaulting unit had to take a difficult or dangerous terrain test during their assault move, all of its models have their Initiative value lowered to 1 when attacking..."

As the dread would take the dangerous terrain check as part of its standard deployment move to disembark from the drop pod in the move phase the dangerous terrain test has no effect on its initiative value. The dread would be free to make an unrestricted assault move during the assault phase of the same turn and would not be reduced to initiative 1 for the assault if he is assaulting a target in the open.

If the dreads target is in or behind cover then the dread would have to take a difficult terrain test to determine distance for his assault move and as per rule he would then be initiative 1 for that assault phase.
Theme sir... Theme and style - Chubs
Zero_Cool

Postby seahawk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I'll have to check the book when I get home, but I thought it said it can assault after passing a Dangerous Terrain test.
seahawk

Postby Zero_Cool » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:05 pm

seahawk wrote:I'll have to check the book when I get home, but I thought it said it can assault after passing a Dangerous Terrain test.

If the Lucius requires a dangerous terrain check to be made during the assault move then yes the dread would be at Init 1.
Zero_Cool

Postby seahawk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:48 pm

"A Dreadnought disembarking a Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod can launch an assault the turn it does so but must make a Dangerous Terrain test if this is the case."
seahawk

Postby Zero_Cool » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 pm

seahawk wrote:"A Dreadnought disembarking a Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod can launch an assault the turn it does so but must make a Dangerous Terrain test if this is the case."

That does it then, the dread would be init 1 during the first round of the assault if it assaults out of the Lucius.
Zero_Cool

Next

Return to News & Rumors