Epic Players please help

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Epic Players please help

Postby griffen127 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey guys I need a little help. I am looking into this game but I don't want to buy new. Whats the going rate for this stuff. The old school stuff like the Marines, ect, Titians like the Imperator. If you guys can help me that would be great. Thanks
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Re: Epic Players please help

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Well, which army are you looking to do? Have you played the game yet? The cost can be potentially less than you think. Trade is an option. I have some space marine surplus, you play LOTR?
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby griffen127 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

I know a guy thats selling stuff but he wants me to name a price and I just don't know what to offer. yes I play rings. Also how much does the imperator titian go for? thanks
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:16 pm

List what is for sale and its condition and I'll tell you an honest price. As far as the Titan is concerned, if this guy goes on eBay, forget it, he'll expect way too much because he can get it there. If not, I'd offer no more than $30-40.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Also when on ebay be very careful not to judge value based on BIN prices. There are several traders, the most obnoxious of which is markfiledminiatures (or any of his other seven or so accounts), who are resellers - they buy large lots and peice them out for ridicoulous BIN prices, relisting until they get a sale. Markfieldminiatures tried to sell a Warmonger for 1500 pounds (close to $2k) a year or two ago - it's true value is probably closer to 80-100 pounds. Imperators are probably in the $50 range or less, as Chad said. Space marines are cheap as dirt, depending on the version - plastic rhinos and land raiders are in the range of $.50 to $1 each, and plastic power armor stands are usually about the same.

There are also some good alternatives if you know where to look: Exodus Wars and DRM are the best commercially available, but take a look around this part of TacComs and you'll find some other bits that may interest you.
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Return to Epic: Armageddon