One cheeseburger, extra bullets

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

One cheeseburger, extra bullets

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome all you sports fans to another dispatch of Epic talk. It's that time again to sing the praises of Epic.

You may have been following our recent posts about our big game on June 5th and wondering why it's a closed game for the club only and not a mega battle. The reasons are quite simple and I think valid. First, we are not going to be playing the game exactly like you normally do because it's such a big game. Second, teaching people the game would slow it down big time. Third, there are a number of concepts we need to teach new players that take a little time to sink in. Epic does not play like 40k, and you need to break someone of that before they appreciate the game. If you want to learn the game, we'll teach you one to one and play the game right.

The 15th is our next meeting time for the club. If you are interested in trying Epic out or getting back into the game, then come out and join us. We will happily teach you the game, and you can use one of our armies. If you come out on the 15th, then you could join us in June!

Play the game 40k wants to be, play Epic!
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Jerimy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 am

Is there a way we could set up an area for people who want to view the game to try epic to see what its all about? The people who lack imperial and orc armies could work on teaching new or interested players.
Oddball: Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves. .
Jerimy

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 am

Frankly, I don't have an issue with that. I can get us the table space no problem. Do we have any volunteers to do that?
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby angron888 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 pm

I volunteer Jer and myself. I do this without actually checking with jer but whateva.

I also will be bringing some proxy nids tomorrow I would like to get in at least two games with a modified 9.2.1 list.
angron888

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:43 pm

If you're willing to play against Malaki's Kaelth-Anan, you're on.
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Return to Epic: Armageddon