The Battle for Lombardius Prime

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Postby Lasater » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I have about 8k of imperial guard counting my warlord and reaver titans. I also have a couple thousand in marines. However I also have a space marine landing craft painted up for use.

What is the plan for the other tables? I hope we are not going to try to cram all the stuff on one table.
Lasater

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 am

Robert, we will probably need everything you have for the smurfs. Plus your MII t-hawks.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 am

We will be using three tables set up like the game in the Rulebook.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Lasater » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:24 am

Some thoughts/questions.

Is there any sort of terrain that you need me to work on? Trees, buildings, bunkers?

Should we nominate 1 general for each side and have them responsible for working out available forces and lists? Then they could delagate command based on whatever they want. maybe by sector, force type, etc. For Example, Maybe there is an Imperial General and he decides with his commanders to break his forces up so that they have: Air & Space, Strike (deep striking & air assault), Artillery, Assault (armor & infantry). Or maybe one side simply decides to divide things up based on map sectors or a certain objective that they are assigned to take.

Also do we want to have some simple instruction sheets so that potential new players can take over command of a couple units? Maybe someone comes in and is interested in playing we can give them a sheet with a brief game explanation and discussion of their units. Maybe they get paired up with one of the commanders and given command of a Leman Russ Company and an Infantry Company for example (something relatively simple).

If some of this stuff has been discussed already elsewhere, I apologize. I think the more "character" we can inject into the game, the more fun it would be for us and more likely to spark interest from newer players. I know Chad had talked about some of this previously and I agree that it is really important. Also, not to sound snobbish, but for this event I really don't think we should inclde any unpainted models.
Lasater

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:03 am

Lasater, one of the main points for this game is that ALL of the minis were already decided that they would be fully painted.

Chad, do we need more of my Guard painted?
Lordgoober

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Chad is working on the available forces, as well as where (in general) they will be deployed. For instance, there will be a Space Marine detachment assigned to guard the spaceport. Chad will also be deciding when certain events happen (reinforcements, mainly) based on the flow of the game.

Not sure about command heirarchy, but i think we will avoid it in order to have flexibility in who commands what. We will (I think?) be allowing interested folks to take command of a formation or two, so they can get a feel for the gameplay. Everything will be painted, as Rob said, so we can put on a real show.
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Okay, I guess I need to explain some things and answer some questions.

There will be the two sides with an overall commander per side. The sides will be divided equally. Each player will control a number of activations. When it's your side's activation, each player will do one activation each. The supreme commander will have the option of doing up to two retain the initiatives per round, but they can only be given to players who passed their first test.

There are no rerolls for initiative tests.

I will control aircraft and orbital bombardments.

Nat will bring the club's terrain and whoever has the cardboard buildings, bring them. I'm bringing hills.

For the game, I decided not to have people try out the game with a unit or two. If people are serious about learning the game, then we will have a get together the following weekend and formally teach them the game the right way giving them the one on one attention they deserve. I don't want to open our game up to people who just want to play a game just to play a game. If we get individuals who are seriously interested in Epic, then I will happily teach them the right way. I just don't want to bog our game down with teaching people the game.

For forces JD, Nat, Dave, Brian, and me will bring guard. Matt, and Robert bring marines. Myself, Joe, Nat, and John bring orks. I will bring gargants, Robert bring the two big guys. John bring the titan legion. Matt bring your table and if people mentioned t-hawks or landing craft, bring them as well.

If I forgot anything, I'll add more as needed.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Matt, how deep is your table? I ask because of the big game we played; will the bunker's tables be the same depth or will we need to get some slopes to disguise the jump?
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Could everyone give a status on the painting progress they've made? For example, my guard for the game is almost done.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:02 pm

I have 1 Siege Infantry Company, 1 Heavy Tank Platoon and 1 Light Tank Platoon, plus fortifications (16 Bunkers, 20 Razorwire, 6 Gun Emplacements, and 5-10 Trenches) left to paint for Baran, plus 23 Bruennhildes PIP. 'Bout 6 hours for the models, and another 4-6 to paint the Fortifications. A few more for the construction of the remaining bunkers (4-6) and razorwire (5).

Orks have 22 stands to build (only 2 kustom bases, I've ditched the warbikes unless I get ahead of schedule), and 78 stands left to paint and 26 PIP. I'll get all of the unpainted in Goff colors to save time. Call it 12 hrs there (the first Goff Warband took 3hr).

Total estimate ~24hrs/1 month if I'm not lazy.

For me it'll be the Battle of In It for the Long Haul. :)
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Nat, we'll also need your steel legion, but what you have painted for them is fine.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 pm

That would be 4 Tank Coy with no upgrades, 1 Infantry Coy with Fire Support, 1 Artillery Coy, and 2 Sentinel Squadrons?

I need to paint Chimaeras if you want the Infantry mounted. Also, I have no Hydras painted. I also have 2 Superheavy Companies (1 Shadowsword, 1 Baneblade), another Tank Coy, and another Infantry Coy that are at least basecoated green.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Bring all that, we may not use it all, but just in case.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, at least we'll be having Commissar Ditka vs the New Waaaagh!! Greenskins lead by Shaggrudd Deathblasta.
Lordgoober

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Yes, and his clan is the Green Ray Wrackers.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

PreviousNext

Return to Epic: Armageddon