So, why Epic?

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

So, why Epic?

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Okay, you may have been reading our threads and wondering "Why play Epic when there's 40k? After all, isn't Epic just 40k with really small miniatures?". Good question, and I guess I should maybe explain things as well as dispelled any assuptions.

First off, let me start by saying that there is nothing wrong with 40k. 40k is fun to play, offers opportunities for conversions and to show off your painting skills. With the release of Apocalypse, you can also play some really big games or even a series of games based on a narrative campaign. The sky is the limit.

Or so you thought. You just have been introduced to Epic. One of the first things you may realize with Epic is that there's a lot more, more to the 40k universe, more tactics to be learned and mastered, more to wargaming. When you play Epic, you have the opportunity to not have one Leman Russ tank or one basilisk but whole companies of tanks.

You also find out that the tactics you learned playing 40k also can be applied to Epic, it's just that they become more complex. The armies in Epic actually fight just as one would expect from the stories in the codices and novels. In fact, if you don't use the armies that way, they won't fight as well.

You also discover that there is more to wargaming. Epic takes a different approach to being a general of an army. You really feel as if you are controlling an army with the smaller miniatures but complete units. Epic is a gamer's game, and will truly challenge you.

Many people look at the miniatures and believe they'd never be able to paint them. Believe it or not, they're actually easier to paint than the 28's. You can even do conversions.

So when I say every other week to come out and give it a try, I mean it. Take me up on my offer, and give Epic a try. You don't have to get rid of your 40k, I still have my orks, nids, and Necrons. I just found in Epic a game that offers more.

Play the game 40k wants to be, play Epic!
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby LongFang » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:17 am

What weekends are you doing epic?
LongFang

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 am

Actually, we meet every other Thursday, but if weekends work better for you, we can make arrangements.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby LongFang » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 am

I've got most days free, so I might head up there on a thursday. I have a friend who has always wanted to play Epic too and is just getting back into the hobby (40k), so I'll try to bring him along too. When's the next time you're meeting?
LongFang

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:50 am

The 18th. Definitely bring your friend, we can get him set up too.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby LongFang » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 am

Alrighty, I will see what we can do. Thanks man! What time? 6ish?
LongFang

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:59 am

That'll work.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Return to Epic: Armageddon