Epic Thursdays

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Epic Thursdays

Postby J. D. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey all. Sorry I missed this past Thursday to meet the community and finally get some games in, but I remember you are trying to meet every other Th. so are you folks meeting at the bunker on the 18th? If so will make every effort to make it there as it takes some doing on my part. Also, just picked up some squats (my old army) on ebay and will be painting as soon as I get them. What list(s) do you recommend/recognize for these littlest of little men (Thurgrimm's, etc.) Either way thanks again.
J. D.

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm using Demiurg 4.0 for my squats. I'm planning on swinging to the bunker tomorrow to work some more on my squats.
Lordgoober

Postby J. D. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm

I think I've seen this list on another site. What's you're recommendation on finding it? Also, do you gentlemen use some of the updated stats for existing units (i.e. Baneblade w/ 3x bolters, etc.?)
J. D.

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:45 pm

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums/ ... 86;t=13404

It's a post, so the formatting may be ugly, but it's usable.

Also,
http://www.players.tacticalwargames.net ... Army+Lists
Is a list of all 'known' E:A lists.

NAt
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

depends on who you're playing with.

You planning on coming to Adepticon?
Lordgoober

Postby J. D. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for the info; saved me a ton of digging... I wasn't looking for an "official" appelation, just something I could show up with and play w/o a bunch of armwrestling as to usable lists. I have a ticket for Adepticon (will be playing IG) but Squats were my first love after "Warlords" came out back in the day.
P.S. I have about 4500 pts. painted Steel Legion if needed for the BIG Game if needed...
Thanks again for all input.
J. D.

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Not a problem. Want to swing by the bunker tomorrow so you can see what the list looks like and look at my squats? :)
Lordgoober

Postby J. D. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Can't make it this Th. (thanks for the offer though,) I work evenings and nights so I kinda need to plan ahead for these excursions. Would love to see you're squats particularly for painting purposes, which has me reiterating are you guys meeting the 18th. If not, I'll try to get some free time on a weekend to get some games in (I obviously need some practice for Adepticon if for no other reason.) Prost!
J. D.

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I'm planning on getting to the bunker every thursday for at least painting purposes. I will also be there on Saturday. I need to paint up a bunch of IG (both loyalist and traitor).
Lordgoober

Postby J. D. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Traitor IG!?! As if Squats weren't heretical enough! Either way, will plan to get there next Th. Will PM if I can make it or no. Thanks again all!
J. D.

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:51 pm

I've got a ton of the old epic chaos metals that are used in the lost and the damned army list.
Lordgoober

Postby Matthias » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Man - I want to get out there for some Epic...but I have a crazy full plate these days. New job. AdeptiCon. Incoming child. Writing my own game and building a table for said game.

I hope to squeeze in one or two Thursdays soon though. My Black Legion are itching for some table time.

Regardless - I am 100% on board for the big game (as long as it doesn't fall on or around our due date).
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby J. D. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am

THis is going back a few posts, but do you guys use amended rules for particular units (Minervan Baneblades v. Steel Legion) or are they straight list based (different mechanicus world productions?) All the same or different?
J. D.

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 am

The amended rules will be particular to a given list. For instance, If I want to play one of the NetEA Eldar lists, say Iyanden, I must then use NetEA stats. Generally they are the same, but in the instance of the Fire Prism, the cannons stats have been changed from the Swordwind stats. Most of us, however, are more familiar with the E:A and E:S statlines, and those are a good jumping-off point.

Nat
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby J. D. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks again. Whatever will I do?...
J. D.

Next

Return to Epic: Armageddon