A Call To Arms

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

A Call To Arms

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello gentlemen, February 4th is yet another meeting for fans of Epic to come together and kill each other's armies in combat. I will also be talking with some players to gain a better idea of our inventory for the big game. We will also hopefully have some new faces to our Thursday nights. Yamato has recently been promoted and is now working day hours instead of night hours. JD will hopefully be able to break away from his busy schedule to stop by. The community is growing. Guys, just spread the word!

With that in mind, if you have been following our threads and want to get back into Epic, or if you are interested in playing one of GW's best games ever, come on out and join us. We'll teach you the rules and tactics of the game. You can use one of our armies to learn the game. Trust me, you will not regret at least trying the game out, and may even find an appreciation for a group of fanatics for a game.

Play the game 40k tries to be. Play Epic!
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:41 pm

For the Emperor!

I'll bring it all. Steel Legion, Eldar, and my Baran, who will get a much deserved airing.

Would a 2k or 3k demo list be more preferable?

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm

I will have everything as well. Marines, Imp Guard, Squats, Black Legion, Lost and the Damned
Lordgoober

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 pm

I'll be bringing orks, IG, marines and Eldar. I am hoping Joe will show so I can find out what he has for orks. I want to get as diversified an ork army as possible. I have ideas for a non-mechanized ork force and faster engagements.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby moondoggy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

I haven't played epic in years but it was one of my favorit games but I will try bring out an army how big of a game do you guys generally play?
moondoggy

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Moondoggy we typically do 2-4k.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Also people start showing up between 4-6pm. Believe me, it will be worth your time. One comment I hear often is how people play Epic, but they didn't know others who did. It's almost like it's a closet game. I want to break that and for good reason. There are a lot of players who play Epic, it's just that no one has ever organized us into a regular meeting group. Well Angron888 and I have changed all that, and we have a group of players ranging from new to veteran and it is a group that continues to grow. All we ask is two simple things: spread the word to others that you know about the club and finally to come out every other Thursday and play Epic.

If we continue this, the next tournament could very well have 20 players. People do play the game, we just need to come together.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:57 pm

That's, like, beautiful, man.

[soapbox] Seriously, I was just reading on The Waaagh that GW Southern Europe does not allow Epic to be played in their stores. We cannot let this happen. If we don't fly the flag, who will? [/soapbox]

Nat
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Bon_Vivant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 pm

P cannot make it the fourth. Family thing.
But I'm painting more orks as I type. Good thing they are orks otherwise people would notice I wasn't paying attention.
Have fun though.

Joe
Bon_Vivant

Return to Epic: Armageddon