Epic Tourney 1/16 Results

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Epic Tourney 1/16 Results

Postby angron888 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 pm

The Tournement was a great success!!! I would like to thank everyone who came out and helped with everything. Special thanks to the Bunker staff for giving us a place to play ( even if they don't support our fav game with product it's nice to have a place to play).

Rankings are as follows

1. David M. Imperial Guard 41pts
2. Jim E. Eldar 38pts
2. Eric D. Marines 38pts
3. Joe Orks 35pts
4. Nate R. Imperial Guard 34pts
5. Eric C. Black Legion 33pts
6. Chad K. Orks 31pts
7. Nick S. Marines 30pts
8. Nat T. Iyanden 29pts
9. Mike K. Marines 26pts
10. Greg H. Tau 25pts
11. Jerimy E. Necrons 12pts

P.S. Thanks to Matt for letting us use some of his buildings and to Jer for all the results sheets and most importantly my sandwiches.
angron888

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:33 pm

*dancing* I'm not at the bottom!! Whoops. Sorry. Just near it...

It was a great time, we should do this more often!

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Jerimy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 pm

What are you talking about? I was home all day painting battlefleet gothic ships.
/denial
Oddball: Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves. .
Jerimy

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Heh, I showed up to kibbitz, paint a few khorne doomblasters, drive up support for the epic event at adepticon and then find out that a bunch of BFG Imperial Navy ships that I thought had been stolen had been in the back room for a LONG time. That case held 2 Dominators, 2 Overlords, 3 Ad Mech cruiser hulls and a Vengeance Grand Cruiser. That being said, anyone here need an Overlord or two?
Lordgoober

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:56 am

What a great day! Yes, I agree that it was a huge success. I want to thank everyone who attended as well as Jon for running the event. Matt, you just have to tell the powers that be that Epic is just more important to you than 40k. :D

Perhaps the next topic we should talk about is a big game. I'm totally game for one. 10k or 20k would be just fine. Any takers?
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:30 am

Heck yeah! I'm game for 10k/player. I know at least 3-4 of us can go at that level. We should try to get a table in the main section of the shop, to generate interest. Maybe we can bribe Duck with some cast JonLuke goodness... Mmmm... moldy...
Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:06 am

It was a great time. Everyone I played against put a great fight. I have not seen this much enthusiasm for this game since it first came out. Great fun.

A 10k game is a lot of fun, a great scenario and lots of people make for a great time. I would be up for it.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:21 pm

I think we should do a different kind of game too. We might have enough buildings to do a Stalingrad like scenario where we have objectives like airfields and such and not so much tournament objectives.

The defenders could start with a portion of their force on garrison regardless of what they have in the formations and the remainder coming in as reinforcements. Some of the attackers could also have somewhat forward deployment.

Game length could be longer than four turns.

The attackers' objective could be to capture the Spaceport and secure it. We may need to use multiple tables if we are looking at serious number of points. Like Nat said, we could make a big deal about the game. What do you think?
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm

I like it, but would we be able to find a logical division between lists? The last thing my Eldar would want would be to fight next to some filthy Greenskinz. :D Seriously, one of the difficulties we may have is finding a logical storyline, depending on what forces are used.

I would honestly love the chance to make some custom terrain for this. Certainly the Imp base from a few years ago is a start, but would we need more? IIRC we have the airfield (control tower, airstrip, 2 hangars), a tank garage, and 2 barracks. That is 2-3 objectives there. My guess is we would need at least 6, possibly of varying significance. I will have to look at the dreaded Apocalypse rulebook for inspiration...

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Jerimy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

We could use a "historical" scenario from the Horus heresy or some other important event.
Oddball: Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves. .
Jerimy

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, one approach we can take is a good storey and a sharing of minis. For example, I have about 12k of orks. Dave has 10k+ of IG. We do a game where my army and Dave's army is used by everyone playing so the story makes sense. Personally, I don't have an issue since I know people would be careful, and I'm not the only one with orks either. I believe that a more historical wargaming approach to the scenario would really make Epic stand out. It's just a thought.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby biztheclown » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:15 am

Sorry I couldn't make it. Anyone want to post the lists they used? I'd like to see what people took.
biztheclown

Postby slartibartfast » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 am

Here is my list. I was the overall winner, so take it for what its worth,

Regimental commander

Leman Russ Tank co.

Superheavy Tank co- Shadowswords

Infantry Company ( Not mounted) x2

Sentinals x2

Manticore batteries x2

Rough Riders
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Jerimy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 am

I came in last so here is what not to use at a tournament.

Infantry Phalanx
+2 immortals
+2 tomb spiders

Infantry Phalanx
+2 immortals
+3 tomb spiders

Infantry Phalanx
+2 immortals
+3 tomb spiders

Abattoir

3 monoliths

Pylon

6 heavy Destroyers

Tomb complex
Jerimy

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 am

Here's my list:

2 blitz brigades with 11 gunwagons and one flakwagon
2 kult of speed (16 buggies each)
1 blitz with 12 dethcoptas
Mekboy gunmob 8 guns
Stormboy mob 8 stands
Great Gargant
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Return to Epic: Armageddon