Nat's blog-o-stuff

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 am

A handful of halftracks might work to give you transports of different sizes like the ork battlewagons.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

I currently have two alternative 3k lists for Iyanden v3.4 for the tourney.

List 1

Spirit Warhost - 750 (BTS)
1 Wraithguard with Wraithseer
5 Wraithguard
6 Wave Serpents

Spirit Warhost - 350
1 Wraithguard with Spiritseer
5 Wraithguard

Swords of Vaul Troupe - 300
4 Falcons
2 Firestorm

Engines of Vaul Troupe - 500
2 Scorpions

Aspect Warrior Troupe -330
1 Dark Reaper w/ Exarch
3 Dire Avengers
1 Wave Serpent
2 Falcons

Aspect Warrior Troupe -330
1 Dark Reaper w/ Exarch
3 Dire Avengers
1 Wave Serpent
2 Falcons

Ranger Troupe - 100
4 Rangers

War Walker Troupe - 140
4 War Walkers

Vampire Raider - 200
1 Vampire

Total: 3000

List 2

Spirit Warhost - 750 (BTS)
1 Wraithguard with Wraithseer
5 Wraithguard
6 Wave Serpents

Spirit Warhost - 650
1 Wraithguard with Spiritseer
5 Wraithguard
6 Wave Serpents

Night Spinner Troupe - 175
3 Night Spinners

Engines of Vaul Troupe - 250
1 Scorpion

Aspect Warrior Troupe -300
1 Dark Reaper w/ Exarch
3 Dire Avengers
2 Wave Serpents

Aspect Warrior Troupe -300
1 Dark Reaper w/ Exarch
3 Dire Avengers
2 Wave Serpents

Ranger Troupe - 100
4 Rangers

War Walker Troupe - 175
5 War Walkers

Nightwing Squadron - 300

Total: 3000

I'm leaning towards #2, as it has Arty, both Spirit Hosts are in Serpents, which increases their flexability, and my screen is slighty larger. It also has less left to paint. It does, however have less Anti-WE weaponry. My other concerns (with both lists) are only 9 activations, and a relatively heavy reliance on Engagement as a means of destruction. List 2 In particular, has this porblem, Though the spirithosts should be able to do the job. Any C&C?

SG
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 am

Nine activations is low for Eldar, but you have your spirit warhosts to thank for that. I would lean towards the second list. Don't worry about the engagements - that's what Eldar do best. The only thing I don't like about your lists are the two spirit warhosts. Make sure you get as much out of them as you can as they pointwise are two activations that are half your army. That wouldn't surprise me with orks, but Eldar is a different story.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby slartibartfast » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:40 am

Does seem light on activations for eldar. Those warhost will make it hard to shift them though. I like the look of both the lists though. Should be interesting. Id go with the 2nd list, it has arty in it. THats just me though. :lol:

Chad good to hear that your still out there. Same with you Rob. Hope your surgeries went well. Is there a meeting on this thursday? I may actually be able to make it andwouldlike to see everyone before I crush you on the 16th. I want to talk about Trafalger also.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 am

I'd come, but its the anniversery, and I like my head where it is...

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 am

I'm doing alright. I'm still kicking it with the cripple sticks and getting better at them too. I might be able to meet you this Thursday and stomp ya ta boot! I'll keep you informed. This coming Saturday is going to be a lot of fun.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 pm

My surgery went well dave, I an very debatable for Thursday and debatable for Saturday. That being said, if I do make it on either day I'll show you what spares I ended up getting from that one deal and I have some more stuff coming in. I also managed to get my hands on 2 blisters worth of current preds if you want em.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Glad to hear that all is well on the sickie front. Rob Im sure you make it if you can. dont worry about the SM stuff well get it figured out soon enough. Nat I like your head where it s at too, no worries. Hope to see you Sat.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I've been working on some Orkitecture. Simple and quick to produce, and effecive terrain.

Sorry about the blurry pic.

They are made out of Evergreen .040" sheet, and Evergreen square and rectangular tubes (#253 and #258). I went with a floor height of 10mm. This will not fit some of the taller minis inside, but as these are going to be intact structures (for now) this matters little. The basic unit of these buildings will be a box 42mm x 27mm x 11mm (1x1). This means a roof area of 25mm x 40mm, or enough to fit 2 square or 2 rectangular stands. The roofs have a lip 2mm in height, bringing the height of a single story structure to 13mm total.

It's hard to tell here, but the top floor has 2 40x12 bases in it.

The concept models here are 2x1+1x1. Each of these represents about 1 hr. time investment. My next will be 2x2+1x1, which shoudn't take much longer.

I plan on basing 4-6 per base, so they can be used a settlements, or cities if several bases are used together.

My paint plan is to roughcoat them, then airbrush snakebite leather with a patchy desert yellow dusting, then drybrush bleached bone, and maybe some weathering. I looked into adding some of my many spare glyphs, but the scale is to farr off. They look like someone slapped a 2 foot thick plate on the wall. Possibly if I feel adventurous I can cut some out of .020" sheet.

Comments (especially on the paint scheme; will it work?) would be welcome.

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Dude, they look awesome! The paint scheme will work just fine. Would you be interested in selling some?
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks. PM sent.

I'll try to do some different patterns, and maybe a garage/Mek Shop, in the next couple days.
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:05 am

Man I love Orks! Today I was working on my third building, and realized that one of the parts on my parts list was 1mm off (the grot responsible for taking notes has been flogged, then put on drops duty). Of course, the part that was wrong was already glued in. So, after initial assembly, I got this.

After the addition of 1/8" angle strip, a bit of strip to fill the hole in the corner, and some bolts from Grandt line, I got this.

Of course, the nob who lives there was told it was "ta make it tuffer, see?" He'll never know the difference. Except for doors and windows, this is what it looks like.

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Did the last building for this base. Again, there was a measurement miscalculated on my parts list (THIS grot was fed to gobbler squigs), but with some floor trimming ("Dat's a saving in material, right?") it all fit together OK.

So, I need to finish the windows/doors, make a base, and paint. The base will be uneven, but a little larger than 20cm x 20cm which gives me 40mm roads (approx. what we have on the city tiles) and 2cm all around.

Ask me why I'm jumping between units. Who knows?

Anyway, should I stay with the current setup, or go with skinnier roads that might allow me to stay under 20cm in all directions?

NOTE: These pics are NOT with 40mm roads, they're thinner than that. The orientation is correct though.

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm

The buildings look great but there's one problem. Orks don't have perfectly horizontal and vertical roads.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Gaah! I knew someone would call me on that! All right, I'll figure out an alternative... maybe some enterprising grot has a flower garden (give a flower - it can't hurt ya)... a barbeque (teriyaki squig 4 teef)... a triangular hole in the ground (see da wunders of the inner world - check loot at door)...
Spectrar Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Epic: Armageddon