Nat's blog-o-stuff

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Re: Nat's blog-o-stuff

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

Given I have two weeks before ToEG12 officially starts on TacComs, and a month before they need to be finished, I thought I'd do a current army shot of the Vanaheim.

I'm further out than I'd like, but it's doable, especially if I can crank out my WM Skaven in the next week and concentrate on these.

Hmm. Apparently focus is optional. That could actually be the motto for this project...
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Ghost's Tiny Rat Farm, a blog of Warmaster Skaven
Ghost's Necro Terrain, Urban Madness in 28mm
Nat's Blog-o-Stuff, where everything else goes
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 pm

For all you VaS guys: Mongoose has a pic of their Bismark prototype up. Looks nice even if it's in the wrong scale:

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/wp ... AM8801.jpg

For comparison, the GHQ version:
http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/gen5.html

I'd have to see more, but it almost looks as if the Mongoose version is better detailed.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:16 pm

What scale is Mongoose doing? Thought it was GHQ scale? Still gunshy about anything they do, esp after the SFB debacle. I dont think I am going to preorder the rules and not real interested in the ships. I have enough of the small ones to finish.

It is a nice looking model though.
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Yep, 1/2400. The rules sound like they'll be a marked improvement so far, but I agree that as a group we don't really need more ships. I may get some little fleets of USN and IJN for small or demo games, but that's as maybe.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 am

Nat, you talking about the 1/6000 for the USN? you know I can probably lets some of my USN stuff go since I have so damn much ;)
Lordgoober

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 am

I was thinking of getting a couple smallish (500-1000pt) 'demo' fleets in the Mongoose minis, and keeping my 1/6000. I don't need any more 1/6000 right now, but I'll keep the offer in mind.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:42 am

Yes I read about what they are doing, like where it is going. I did like the rules for Noble Armada and SFB. Just nobody really got into or it turned into a clusterf***k to get models or rules. Once Acon is over and I get all this Malifaux building done, we need to get together and play a game or two in. I wonder when they will announce a release date. My guess would be either GenCon or Christmas time. I so hate waiting. :lol:
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:42 pm

6mm Early Imperial Romans ordered. 1000 points.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby slartibartfast » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 am

I really need to get going on my 6mm Britons soon. 2000+points just sitting there. You using Baccus or another company? May go to Little Wars on Sunday and see if any deals on some Goths or Franks to go with the Britons.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:18 am

Yep, Baccus.

Giving some thought to Germans as a second army, but not until the Romans are done. I'll probably buy at least another thousand points later and, typically, have a 5k army list and cost analysis ready "just in case". WMA with a break point of 40, yay!

Edit: 38, not 40. I screwed up the minimums on the 5k list. And I don't even want to think about the Germanic break point at 5k.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Interesting. I need to finish painting up that first 1000 of the army that I have so I can eventually pick up another 1000 worth. I'm also thinking of doing 1-2k of Romans myself to go with my big romans.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 am

Spectrar Ghost wrote:Yep, Baccus.

Giving some thought to Germans as a second army, but not until the Romans are done. I'll probably buy at least another thousand points later and, typically, have a 5k army list and cost analysis ready "just in case". WMA with a break point of 40, yay!

Edit: 38, not 40. I screwed up the minimums on the 5k list. And I don't even want to think about the Germanic break point at 5k.

Same with the Britons. Even more fun is th efact that the entire list is "warbands". Just need to keep winning otherwise "poof" no more army.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Yep. After some research, I almost certainly will not ever have a 5k Germans list. Looks like 109-137 units depending on configuration. I'd have to look into how Cav would work in the absence of any legitimate command structure (only the general has command range >20cm). Probably best to only have a couple brigades, and fill out the rest with Warriors. More thought is required.

Fortunately I have time; I'll be working on the Romans for at least several months to get them to 2k.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Something we might want to start thinking about in the future is playing our ancients using warmaster 3.0 aka Hail Caesar. I have the 2 books for it right now.
Lordgoober

Postby slartibartfast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 am

Based on my reading of the Briton List it looks like most of the armies that are mostly Warbands become very unweildly at points levels above 2K. Not enough leaders to move that many troops. At least the Britons have Chariots and Beserkers to eat points to help a bit with that.

Man I have too much stuff to do with no time to do it. Those Britons were sitting happily in their little box until youbrought up the hated Romans. :D

Not real interested in getting a new rulebook Rob. NOt trying to be mean but there really nothing wrong with Warmaster with errata and FAQ.
Anonymous

slartibartfast

PreviousNext

Return to Epic: Armageddon