Oi, dat was a good scrap!

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Oi, dat was a good scrap!

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome to another one of my ramblings. We just had another exciting Epic Thursday with lots of players and gaming. We had thirteen people show up with armies from all over the galaxy. Not only did space marines and guard arrive (Blood Angles no less), but also orks, eldar, and tau. By the time we had to stop and clean up, the group of us got in no less than seven games. Awesome!

I want to thank those of you who made the journey out to game who might have had some difficulty in getting out. I hope the trip was rewarding. I want to also thank Matt for bring out his excellent terrain and surplus of extra epic minis. Some players went home with reinforcements for their armies that night! All in all, it was a great night!

I can't stress how important it is to keep this going. That night we had the ability to announce to people like they do for 40k how we have so and so with 3000pts of orks looking for a game. It was a great feeling. I want to keep it going.

If you are curious about Epic or have an army from years past and want to get back into Epic again, then please come out and be a part of us. We will happily teach you the rules and give suggestions on what to purchase for the army you select. You will also meet some players who are absolute fanatics of the game and will teach and coach you on how to be a better player. You will like what you see.

The only other thing I have for now is if you have not contacted Angron888 about the tournament, please do so ASAP.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Matthias » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Good times. Got me motivated to sort through my Epic stuff and get amped on some serious painting. Goal is to complete Chaos AND Tyranids this Winter...

Really great to see that much interest in Epic all these years later. The original group at the Bunker at the release of Armageddon never broke 10 if I remember right.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:32 pm

next time I might actually get a game in myself, not that doing a teaching game isn't fun in itself. I need to get back into practice.

hey, does anyone want to try a huge game at some point (10000 points?) It might be fun at some point.
Lordgoober

Postby Matthias » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Yeah we talked about that last night - I suggested after the holidays. We could get 2 2-player 10,000 point games going or we could do a 4-player 5000 points each allied game - either would be a blast.

5000 points of Chaos....maybe, by end of Jan...maybe...
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Heh. I know. I should go and paint up some more chaos myself, take advantage of that stuff I got from Cheeseheadland. maybe get my L+tD going though there I need to get just a few more things, 3 brass scorpions, 3 blood reavers, 2 tower of skulls and then 4 or 8 nurgle contagions then I'll be good.
Lordgoober

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 am

A 10k game is no problem here! In fact, the problem I will have is deciding what not to bring. Like I said, I want to keep this vibe going. Just think of the attention we would receive if we had two 10k games going at once! [/u]
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby slartibartfast » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 am

It was fantastic to see that many people getting into this game. Brings back memories of the day when it was first released. Love it. Had a great time beating on someone else besides Chads Orks. Long live the Speed Freak Cult right Chad :lol: .

I woud definatly be up for a 10K game. I could do one side myself. That is the problem, many of us could to that. Maybe we need to think real big and everyone that could bring 10k and see just how big it could get. That would be awesome.

This revival may cause me to leave the big guns of the Gaurd for awhile and bring my beloved wolves to life in Epic scale.

Thank again Chad for organizing this and doing the leg work to make sure everyone had a game. It brings a tear to this old grognards eye. :roll:
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying the bag of luck.
Anonymous

In heaven everyone will have a Batmoble. - Kevin Smith
slartibartfast

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:10 pm

You know, a huge 20000pt game might be a lot of fun, but would take some planning. That is something we may need to talk to Dan about with tables. You know everyone is going to stop by and watch.

My only question is, how are we going to determine the sides? I have orks, but everyone else has Imperial forces. Perhaps we could do space marines vs orks and guard. Didn't the governor of Armeggedon go to the orks? I'd be psyched for a big game like that.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:49 pm

My 10000pt army is ready! Any takers?
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm

If there is still an interest in a 10k/side game, I would also be able and willing to participate. I just need to figure out whch 2k NOT to field...

Nat
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:13 pm

after the gnu year
Lordgoober

Postby Spectrar Ghost » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Of course. While a 20k+Total points game would be a great attraction for new players, Angron's tourney, and, lets face it, the holidays, are more pressing. Definitly something to plan for after the tournament though...
Spectrar Ghost

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Heh, if I';m there for the first one of the new year I'll be doing Lost and the Damned. I just got a load of Khorne engines and 7 Silver Towers, 3 small tz fliers and 1 big tz flier
Lordgoober

Return to Epic: Armageddon