Look Egor, it's alive!

Discussion concerning the latest version of the Epic 40K game system.

Look Egor, it's alive!

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 pm

I can't tell you how excited I am over the turnout thus far for Epic Thursdays! This week we had ten players show up and had five games going. To be honest, I've never seen that many Epic players gathered together to play Epic and it not be a tournament. Again, I invite everyone who has Epic miniatures and wants to get in a game of Epic to come out and join us. The Thursday after Thanksgiving is our next meeting for the group.

I was talking with Dan Duck, the current manager of the Bunker, and we have some great opportunities available to us if we want to do some work. If we are willing to build some tables, we will be able to also build some Epic sized terrain as well. Building tables is easy and that would allow us to have tables available to us to game on. Something to think about.

Anyway, if you play Epic, come on out. You won't be disappointed.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Matthias » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 pm

I am in!

I promise!

Next meeting is December 3rd, right? What time do you get started? I will be there with at least my Blood Angels in tow. I'll bring some terrain too.

How many points is an average Thursday night game? 3000? I get a list figured out ahead of time.
Real battles are fought in 6mm!
Matthias
Techpriest

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Generally around 6pm and then 3k does seem normal. I will be there next time. I'm still in the point with my health that going to the bunker two days in a row doesn't really work for me so I'll be skipping that wednsday that week.

I'm debating on what to run. I have 4 armies that I can work with these days. IG (probably up to 12k :)), Marines (can field almost the whole Smurfmarine Chapter), Black legion (At the 3k and probably a little higher), Squats (using Demiurg 4.0) at fairly high.
Lordgoober

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 am

People generally show up between 4 and 6 pm. Games are usually between 2000 to 4000 points depending on the players. I'll bring some terrain too and work on getting us some Epic friendly tables.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Ok, the tables are a go as far as having flat tables we can use our terrain on. I would also have a number of lists available to game with. We have a number of new players who have small armies. Say 2, 3, and 4k lists.

We also have an opportunity to do a campaign as I have two sets of mighty empires tiles for the club. Just a thought.
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Return to Epic: Armageddon