Vampire Counts

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Vampire Counts

Postby Hero Jones » Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

Hey, my group is new to the Fantasy thing, but we came across a hitch yesterday, and I figured to post it here.

If I remember correctly, he had a spellbook that he rolled a D3 to minus from his power pool. He then rolls to see what spell he gets. He rolled the spell from the Lore of Death that minus' 3 from the target's LD. Then in the following turn, he rolled the exact same thing. But in the remain in spells portion of the book, it says you can't use the same remain in play spell while the first one is in play.

So my question is: Is that spell wasted? Or does he get to roll on the table again. We played it where he got to re-roll. Any thoughts?

HJ
Hero Jones

Re: Vampire Counts

Postby seahawk » Fri May 04, 2012 11:17 am

Doom and Darkness is a Remains in Play spell.

Your options on playing it:

1. If it's out and you roll again, gentlemanly agree that the caster ends the old RIP spell immediately, then recasts it from the book.
2. The new one is wasted and can't be cast, as it's already in play on something.

In either case, he doesn't get a reroll whatsoever. He's stuck with that spell, and that's that.
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Postby Hero Jones » Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Thats what I thought too, but he got whiney about it.

HJ
Hero Jones

Postby seahawk » Fri May 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Just because someone gets whiney, it doesn't mean they can break the rules ;)
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealously, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war, minus the shooting." - George Orwell
seahawk

Return to Rules Discussions (WFB)