Daemon of tzeentch bonus

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby, or just 4, 5 or 6 it...

Daemon of tzeentch bonus

Postby moonshadow13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 pm

OK there is the rule for daemons of tzeentch that they get a +3 when casting spells towards leadership. As 7th edition no longer uses leadership to cast spells does that +3 bonus go to your casting dice making a tzeentch daemon only fail casting on a 1? I have not seen any FAQs on it for GW.
The new Tau = Death at 30"

Time to bring the Pain!!! For the greater good :)
moonshadow13

Re: Daemon of tzeentch bonus

Postby tulkasulmar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:45 pm

No way that is played the way you see it.

The +3 only goes to the Tzeentch models Leadership. So if they Peril, you can play that the model gets a +3 to their Leadership to a maximum of Leadership 10 during the Psychic Phase.

The Mark of Tzeentch attribute clearly states +3 to their Leadership.
(2014)
Painted:
255 bases/trays
10 Demons
74 Astra Militarum/Militarum Tempestus
68 Grey Knights/Inquisition
15 Adepta Sororitas
1 Fortifications
192 Commission
tulkasulmar

Postby moonshadow13 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 pm

So what your saying is this +3 only applies to perils of the warp rolls? Then why does it say when you using psycic powers you get the bonus? casting the spell is using psycic powers and you can get a perils of the warp if you roll (2) 6s(6s are successful casting dice too). Rolling for perils is an effect from casting spells and I am no longer using psycic powers I am suffering the effects from using them. This "Daemon of Tzeentch" ability is a 6th edition rule not a 7th edition rule. S0 does anyone know of the FAQ on it or are Tzeentch just losing out and any bonuses they get for casting psycic power now? :shock:

moonshadow13

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:44 pm

moonshadow13 wrote:So what your saying is this +3 only applies to perils of the warp rolls?

Some tournaments have ruled that this does not apply either.

Then why does it say when you using psycic powers you get the bonus?

Are you seriously asking this question? Look at the copyright date on the Daemon codex, and then compare it to the copyright date on the 7th ed rules.

Incompatibilities exist with every new edition. Attempting to interpret these incompatibilities for an advantage is not the best way to handle them.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated."

George S. Patton
Redbeard

Postby moonshadow13 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:12 pm

I was not trying to get an advantage I wanted clarification as its a 6th edition rule and 7th edition destroyed it. I sent GW a complaint on it and noted about the cost of getting the new herald design ($40 each). Looks like if I play them I will be using the old figurines for my pink horrors and using 4 of the new pink horrors for heralds

moonshadow13

Return to Rules Discussions (40K)